• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weight transfer and hips.

ash81

Par Member
Just another ahah! moment and want to hear from others. I know you're supposed to have your plant foot down before throwing and your weight transferred to the leading leg (RHBH), but I've been so focused on other things I didn't pay too much attention to how this timed up with rotating my hips. I started waiting to rotate hips until my weight felt completely on my leading leg with some good results but I fear I'm waiting too long and throwing my timing off.

I watched the SW22 vids of slowed down throws and it seems the pull through is happening before a full plant. I did notice that the foot is down and weight seems to be transfered at the same time the disc is passing through the plant/leading leg.

Maybe I should go back to can crushing routinely with a bottle of water until I don't even have to think about it? I'll feel I have it down but then I start thinking too much when the disc gets in my hand.

You have to transfer into the plant. Like if you want to slide across a hardwood floor in socks. If you step down with your weight you won't move, you have to step into the plant and trust the brace to hold you. It's a slight difference in feel that makes a ton of change to power.

I kinda forgot about that. It's been hard to get the feel, but I suspect my stance width may have something to do with it.

Latest posts