• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weird injuries that mess up your game

Yikes...while it didn't happen while playing disc golf, I have torn my ACL. I did it around the end of June. I haven't been able to play since because (RHBH) my right knee is my pivot/torque knee. I will be having surgery in about 2 weeks and will be doing rehab for the next 6 months. By the end of things I will have essentially lost half of 2009 for disc golf purposes.

nail cutting injury

Yep, I did it. :mad:
When cutting my nails, I cut the thumb nail, and it ended up with a ragged edge. So I cut it some more and cut it just past the quick. Ok, so now it hurts to graps a disc tightly. It was stupid. Only cost me a couple of strokes a game, I guess, but it hurt. Grrrr.

Played a couple casual rounds on friday in sport sandals on a course without tee pads. During a my weight transfer during a tee off I jammed and old, dead, sharp root right into my big toe. I'm not sure how to describe what exactly that root did to my toe, but perhaps "tore" is the best word. It basically ripped my toe in a bout half.

FF to yesterday and I ended up playing an impromptu couple rounds with 4 guys from my card league ( I currently hold the #2 card). Having forgotten to grab any foot wear at all in my dash out the door I ended up having to play in flip flops and each time I would step to throw the pain from my sore, mutilated half toe would flare up.

I was only able to throw at probably 60-70% of my normal D, and there was a few times it definitely effected my form. But I made it through both rounds without losing my #2 card:D

*pounds chest in caveman fashion*

I always have trouble with the left side of the nail on my index finger, where the disc leaves my hand. On a long day, my finger wears out long before my arm does.

Poison ivy and oak. One of the guys I play with got it on his nads really bad. Could hardly walk, and nothing much worked as far as relieving the itching and pain. It took about 10 days before he could play again.

tomahawk injury anyone?? had a blindly thrown disc land on my head yesterday, i'm new here but i'm tryin to upload a pic, cut is over 2 inches long, its a quarter in the picture, hair covered some of the cut, very hard to take a pic of the top of my head without help

picture.php

Last edited:
I played way too many rounds last week along with other activities and my forearm is super sore and I got a decent case of Tennis elbow too. Not something that normally happens but it might sideline me for a few days. Not nearly as bad as the person catching the disc to the top of the head

gym workout

Went to the gym for the first time in a long time. A trainer there pushed my really hard on a tricep workout and my triceps are killing me! I can't bend my elbow past 80 degrees. I have had this delayed onset muscle soreness before and not a problem, but this is crazy. I take ibuprofen every four hours for like 2 days now with little improvement. There is no way I can throw for real now. Maybe in a few days I hope.

Strained the intercostal muscles (between ribs) on my right side. Some days it hurts like crazy when I throw, other days it is tolerable. Docs say it just needs lots of rest to recover, and throwing sets it back... but that's just going to have to wait for bad weather.

Latest posts