• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weirdest place you've found a disc?

tumpsi said:
In my own backyard, a good 2km from nearest course. No one else plays from my neighbourhood, or at least i don't know any players.

This was mine as well. I am a bit away from a course. I was out tossing my putters in my back yard and when I picked them up there was a old beat up Banshee in the weeds by one of mine. Wasn't mine, and no one else around me plays that I know of.

I found a disc in my wife's hand once. The weird part is that she was actually standing on a tee pad. The only other time I have ever seen her touch a golf disc is if she thinks the remote might be under my stack.

It never is, of course. Who would stack their discs on a TV remote?

ChUcK said:
I found a disc in my wife's hand once. The weird part is that she was actually standing on a tee pad. The only other time I have ever seen her touch a golf disc is if she thinks the remote might be under my stack.

It never is, of course. Who would stack their discs on a TV remote?

:lol:

i found the same disc twice. the second time i found it, the thrower (not owner) was still on the course and he got it back. weird thing is, he said he found it. so after i turned it in the first time i found it, it was claimed, lost again, found by this guy, lost again, and found by me again. if i ever see it, i'm leaving it there.

I dont know if this counts but I found a mini about 30 ft from a basket. Just laying in the fairway in plain sight.

Another strange one I found was a really beat Gazelle laying in the fairway on a 200ft hole. The other strange thing about it was someone had tried to dye the "Howard Stern " logo on it. This disc was really beat. I guess that's why they just left it.

first tourney ever, i lost a disc on the first hole of day 2. came back with a flashlight that evening and found the disc totally under a log, with barely an inch of plastic visible. it's not weird to lose a disc under something but it's pretty weird to *find* one that's that well hidden!

I can't wait for people to find some of my disc's. Last week my GF and I went to the top of a popular rock climbing area and threw a bunch of old disc's I no longer had a use for. This is in the Tahoe area off a 1500' drop. Can't wait for the rock climbers to find them when the snow melts this summer! Hopefully someone calls to say they found one.

cjskier said:
I can't wait for people to find some of my disc's. Last week my GF and I went to the top of a popular rock climbing area and threw a bunch of old disc's I no longer had a use for. This is in the Tahoe area off a 1500' drop. Can't wait for the rock climbers to find them when the snow melts this summer! Hopefully someone calls to say they found one.

Discs aren't biodegradeable... I don't mean to be an ass (or maybe I do...) but this type of thing is just a notch above throwing an empty soda bottle out the window of your car.

No it's not. It's nothing like that. If someone finds a disc, they'll pick it up and it might be fun, if they see a soda bottle they'll leave it there. It's noting similar at all.

mzuleger said:
cjskier said:

Discs aren't biodegradeable... I don't mean to be an ass (or maybe I do...) but this type of thing is just a notch above throwing an empty soda bottle out the window of your car.

I've done it too off the top of a couple of mountains around here. It's pretty cool watching a disc fly for 20 secs.

Luke said:
No it's not. It's nothing like that. If someone finds a disc, they'll pick it up and it might be fun, if they see a soda bottle they'll leave it there. It's noting similar at all.
agreed, when i toss a disc off a cliff i am pretty confident someone will find it and snag it someday, could be the start of a new DG career

Luke said:

That's what makes it "a notch above"... what are the chances of a DGer finding the disc? And if it's not a DGer what could it say to them about our sport?

I just think it's kind of an irresponsible thing to do.

mzuleger said:
Luke said:

That's what makes it "a notch above"... what are the chances of a DGer finding the disc? And if it's not a DGer what could it say to them about our sport?

I just think it's kind of an irresponsible thing to do.
if i found a disc a few years ago before i started playing i would just assume someone was playing and just lost it.
i would have to agree that its not like your throwing trash out there, its a disc and most people finding it in an area like described above would play with it or at least pick it up.

so is it right??? wrong???

its up to the person who finds it.
i think this is better than those guys who hit golfballs off mountains or hills.
cause that is trash :lol:

TannerBoyle said:
I used to putt with an empty 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke.

funniest random post i've seen today, and i have no idea what it means! +1

Luke said:
It's like comparing a really good tasting apple to an orchard of rotten apple trees.

I would say you two are on opposite ends of the spectrum and the truth is in the middle. I would say it's more than a notch above tossing the soda bottle out of the window and it's not so disimilar as to be nothing like it. nd the above post is way off because neither one is the really good tasting apple. :lol: I would say it's only not littering if someone that wants thedisc finds it. And if it's so beat up that someone is willing to chuck it off a cliff then do you really think someone else wants it? That being said I really don't think there are enough discs being chucked off cliffs to be a major enviromental hazard, driving your car to the course is worse. :mrgreen: