• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Were Gummy Orcs pretty overstable generally?

Oregon Southpaw

Bogey Member
I have been lucky enough to pick up two Gummy Orcs recently, one in blue, and one in red. One's pretty much NOS, and the other has very little discernable wear. They are both very, very overstable.

I had one of these I bought new back in the day, and I seem to recall it taking a year or so of abuse before I really started liking it.

It may be a case of being very used to my well-worn plastic, but these both surprised me at their stability. The blue one literally will turn right out of an anny.

I have been lucky enough to pick up two Gummy Orcs recently, one in blue, and one in red. One's pretty much NOS, and the other has very little discernable wear. They are both very, very overstable.

I had one of these I bought new back in the day, and I seem to recall it taking a year or so of abuse before I really started liking it.

It may be a case of being very used to my well-worn plastic, but these both surprised me at their stability. The blue one literally will turn right out of an anny.

As a fan of the Orc, I can only suggest checking out the ESP Domie Flash. This disc has got to be the longest str8 fastest easy to throw driver I have ever had the honor to toss. I too have checked into the Champion Orc's and Z Flash, and they are both terribly overstable. The ESP Flash seems to have the perfect balance of design and plastic for this mold, as you will see this disc fly over 300 on a botched shot.

I throw a lot of gummy plastic and most of it is more stable that its regular champion counterparts. They break in slightly after a few months, and then stay that way forever.

I have never tried a gummy orc though, I picked up a regular champion one and it was very stable. I didn't want to take the time to break it in.

I actually think the Orc is too much driver for me. I stick with teebirds and firebirds.

Last edited:
orcs aren't supposed to be meathooks
Nope, they aren't supposed to be.
Buddy I sure have one.
Meat. Hook.
The blue one literally will turn right out of an anny.
I bought a clear 158g Champ Orc. It has a very high PLH.
I can release with 25 degrees of anny and it will be fading before it gets past 250'.
My other Champ Orc (167g) is like a beat Wraith. I have my longest throw with it, somewhere very close to 550'. That kind of distance is definitely not easily repeatable for me- I probably average above 400' with the beat Champ Orc; I'm just trying to illustrate how overstable that other Orc is.

If the PLH of your Orc is normal then you do not have the proper technique for throwing the Orc.
I seem to remember you saying you throw really far so I am assuming it is the disc in this case.

Last edited:

Latest posts