• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Giant

Can someone point me in the right direction for most overstable Giants?

I like the mold and feel they pair pretty well with my Worlds but I'm just not sure these are overstable enough (my flat 175 9/10 VIP has turn, my pretty flat 167 7/10 TP has no turn unless I make it). I need something beefier than my 167 and am concerned this isn't the right mold for me:(

Elasto giant... 175 = plenty of beef

QFT. All of the Elasto/Fluid/Frost stuff I have molds up pretty domey and OS though I dont have an Elasto Giant.

I have a gorgeous domey pearly purple TP Giant that is starting to season from utility to distance. It's still somewhere in between, but my dreams of seasoning a domey premium destroyer-type thing are coming to fruition.

Soon I'll be adding another domey TP Giant.

I don't understand why the lowest plh, megadomiest tp giant I bought and repeatedly slammed into the asphalt until it looked like sin still won't turn. *sigh* I've never hurt a disc like that before.

Last edited:
I don't understand why the lowest plh, megadomiest tp giant I bought and repeatedly slammed into the asphalt until it looked like sin still won't turn. *sigh* I've never hurt a disc like that before.

I've found flatter giants to have less HSS, no? Why go for extra dome if you want turn?

Or do you just want a domey bomber, despite those generally being more stable to begin with?

Just want to say that I love my domey white VIP giant.
Story: I got it stuck in a tree about 50-60 feet up so I spent an hour throwing a tennis ball at it. It was hard just to get the ball that high, but then the ball landed on top of the giant and stayed there. Luckily a dude with a slingshot helped me out after that and hit it down for me.

This had the lowest plh and the hugest dome I've seen on a giant. I like mine with good dome too. I just figured due to the plh it would be less overstable. And it is....it's just still very stable.

Finally have my hands on a flat, high plh Giant. Its what I wanted for wind and beef shots. I may get to rest the Stiletto for a while. I do not see it being as long as my stiletto into raging wind, but I can trust it to hold the line I want and finish strong where my other Giants would elevator and turn into the wind. It will take some more testing to decide if the stiletto can be retired or not.

Just got an elasto Giant. It is red/sparkle plastic. Really high parting line. So overstable that I was able to replace my Nuke OS and can now carry only Wraiths/Giants for all distance shots backhand and forehand

Giant Opinions

The giant is a fast overstable longe range driver. You need good arm speed to make this disc perform. I have found it is the best long range driver in windy conditions.

compared to:

world-is faster, longer and less overstable.

enforcer-is shorter and slighty more overstable.

The giant replaced my innova ape as the best long distance wind driver. Only because the rim is slighty easier to grip. The ape is bad ass if you got big hands or a tight grip. I use a modified fan grip and sometimes lose my grip with super overstable big rimmed drivers.

I have an air giant 159g. that is incredible. It penatrates most winds and is super long. Like all air from the triology it varies greatly from disc to disc.

My suggestion. Unless you have better than average arm speed get try to find something a bit slower. No suggestions sorry.

Dave Feldberg does a great in the bag and he mentions the giant. Problem is dave is a seasoned pro who can throw 500 feet. So I think his in the bag is geared toward more advanced players.

Have a 175 VIP Giant. Started out last year super overstable as advertised. Beat in really quick and now flips to flat holds fades out at about 400' - 425'. Also my go to FH disc for distance.

had two VIPs that beat so nicely..lost both on a recent trip. I purchased some new tp and they are so freaking beefy. Ive been using one for a few months and it seems like it hasn't beat in at all.

I was told TP were supposed to be more under stable but these are definitely not. Has anyone eels experienced this?

giants in general are not understable whatsoever.

tp seemed to have more dome and lower PLH than the vip, but i still never managed to buy a giant with any turn out of the box. i was working on a vip for over a year that was finally starting to get some drift to the right, not what i'd call turn by any means though.

everyone else seemed to get lucky w/giants that would turn within a few months. none for me. :(

With my small sample size, I've found some Giants that are meat hooks.

Generally speaking though, most of them I've thrown haven't been as overstable as advertised.

A good Z Force is more OS.

My domey purple meathooker is now a stable bomber (175g pearly TP Giant.)

I've been trying to find replacements for my stable Kings, but they season to flippy when I dont lose them first. Giants on the other hand already hold the OS spot in my bag, and season in to bombers, so I'm considering giving up on Kings. The new runs of Kings are US compared to my CFR Kings, and I'm getting all of the distance with my seasoned giant and much more reliable fade.

Latest posts