• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Longbowman

Snaques

Eagle Member
Emac showed one on the Periscope so I suppose it warrants its' own thread. :thmbup:
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1YqGoPdaerNJv

Numberwise looks like a WD Culverin, but from the profile it seems to have a more blunt nose. Rim looks similar so I think this wont be quite as long and possibly a bit more OS.

Looking forward to hearing more...

9/4/0/3 from Trilogy = 9/5/-1/2 from anyone else. ;)

Well in Trilogy's defense, most of their biggest customers can't throw anything much over 300', so for the Team Trilogy fanboi's the numbers are pretty spot on.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Well in Trilogy's defense, most of their biggest customers can't throw anything much over 300', so for the Team Trilogy fanboi's the numbers are pretty spot on.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

HA! "The have unreal glide though"

I'm actually pretty excited for this disc. I think I am a closet Westside fan...
I dig the Harp & love the Bard. I think this disc will be pretty fun.

HA! "The have unreal glide though"

I'm really just trolling tonight, but that quote is SO REAL.

Every time I hear someone say that, I want to tell them more then ANYTHING "Nah bro. They just go farther because they're flippy enough for you to actually keep them in the air for a while."

Swedish Glide.... SMDH

I LOVE my collection of Westside Elasto Sampos. I think they fly exactly like a 10/5/0/2 should. However, every single non-putter Trillo disc I've every tried outside of Lucid Trespasses have completely failed me. WAY more flippy than they claim, and I've lost more Trilogy drivers due to turning over right than any other disc in my 13 years of playing. They just HATE headwind and flex lines.

I'll take any Discraft, Prodigy, Innova group, hell, EVEN OVERMOLDS over 95% of Trilogy drivers. Even the "Overstable" World, King, and Villain can't handle wind or anhyzer. The Super OS (XXX, Stiletto, Justice) are somewhat true to numbers, but the Dynamic molds are the only ones that seem to have ANY comparison to their flight numbers. Otherwise, for Trilogy, add 30% understability and you may be in the realm of reality.

Reniger, why bother posting in this thread if its just to spew FUD. I keep my hatred of brands I dislike to myself, and you should too ya dink.

I really like Westside, King, Stag, Harp all feature heavily in my bag.

If this is their Sparkish disc I may get one.

Doubt it will make me put my FB collection on the marketplace but I'm game to throw it.

If this is their Sparkish disc I may get one.

Doubt it will make me put my FB collection on the marketplace but I'm game to throw it.
I don't think that this is even supposed to be that Spark / FB kind a meathook. Even Dixon said that for heavy headwinds you wanna go with a Felon or a XXX, not Longbowman.

Just like the Culverin, I think this one is trying to hit that PD spot.

Posted by Reinger:

"I LOVE my collection of Westside Elasto Sampos. I think they fly exactly like a 10/5/0/2 should. However, every single non-putter Trillo disc I've every tried outside of Lucid Trespasses have completely failed me. WAY more flippy than they claim, and I've lost more Trilogy drivers due to turning over right than any other disc in my 13 years of playing. They just HATE headwind and flex lines.

I'll take any Discraft, Prodigy, Innova group, hell, EVEN OVERMOLDS over 95% of Trilogy drivers. Even the "Overstable" World, King, and Villain can't handle wind or anhyzer. The Super OS (XXX, Stiletto, Justice) are somewhat true to numbers, but the Dynamic molds are the only ones that seem to have ANY comparison to their flight numbers. Otherwise, for Trilogy, add 30% understability and you may be in the realm of reality."

-Completely disagree on westside discs having issues in wind. This is your form not the disc.

-The Giant is arguable the farthest flying wind fighting disc on the planet right now. I did a very exhaustive shoot out with the prodigy d1, innnova ape, and nuke os. The Giant edged all of them out in my testing.

Posted by Reinger:

"I LOVE my collection of Westside Elasto Sampos. I think they fly exactly like a 10/5/0/2 should. However, every single non-putter Trillo disc I've every tried outside of Lucid Trespasses have completely failed me. WAY more flippy than they claim, and I've lost more Trilogy drivers due to turning over right than any other disc in my 13 years of playing. They just HATE headwind and flex lines.

I'll take any Discraft, Prodigy, Innova group, hell, EVEN OVERMOLDS over 95% of Trilogy drivers. Even the "Overstable" World, King, and Villain can't handle wind or anhyzer. The Super OS (XXX, Stiletto, Justice) are somewhat true to numbers, but the Dynamic molds are the only ones that seem to have ANY comparison to their flight numbers. Otherwise, for Trilogy, add 30% understability and you may be in the realm of reality."

-Completely disagree on westside discs having issues in wind. This is your form not the disc.

-The Giant is arguable the farthest flying wind fighting disc on the planet right now. I did a very exhaustive shoot out with the prodigy d1, innnova ape, and nuke os. The Giant edged all of them out in my testing.
Off topic...how did the Giant compare to the D1?

I'm really just trolling tonight, but that quote is SO REAL.

Every time I hear someone say that, I want to tell them more then ANYTHING "Nah bro. They just go farther because they're flippy enough for you to actually keep them in the air for a while."

Swedish Glide.... SMDH

There is certainly some truth to this, but flippy doesn't necessarily equal good glide, Swedish plastic included. The convict came out more understable than it was supposed to, but it has poor glide compared to other molds with similar stability.

Off topic...how did the Giant compare to the D1?

Pretty similar. The wing is more curved on most Giants but they are both stable with some glide.

I think the Giant may be a tick less stable, but not so much that you would notice.

To chime in on Trilogy's wonky numbers... Cold weather plus thin air at elevation will make discs fly more overstable. So perhaps in Sweden or Finland, their numbers are accurate. But for where I live, their numbers are waaaaaaaaaaaay off. VIP World... 1 HSS, 4 LSF... On what planet? VIP Stag... 0 HSS, 3 LSF... Not even if I use my left hand... VIP King... -1 HSS, 4 LSF... More like -1000 HSS, 1 LSF!