• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Westside Northman

Camgolfer

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I just picked up the Northman from the Finnish company Northman. This thing flies super straight with a good fade at the end. Has anybody else thrown this disc?

Never heard of them either. I'm looking at their website right now though. The stamp looks sick, but you can tell something got a little lost in translation with the disc's description. Still, you gotta love more independent companies around the world.

They are made by Latitude for Westside.

Kinda like the Innova->Discmania or Millennium or Discraft/Dga deal.

According to the flight chart on their website it is a faster Striker. So a stable driver. I like my Lat 64 stuff so I thought I would see how a new company in N. Europe would do. So far I like the disc, but it doesn't add anything new to my bag.

They are made by Latitude for Westside.

Kinda like the Innova->Discmania or Millennium or Discraft/Dga deal.

Not quite. Discmania's discs are made from Innova mold parts (and their own top for the newer runs of PD, DD and CD) where as Westside's discs are made with their own molds and produced at Latitude's plant. The plastic is Latitude's, but all the mold parts are Westside's and Westside's alone.

I've heard the Northman described as a slightly less stable Wraith with insane glide. I've already ordered a couple, should be here shortly.

I just meant molded by another manufacturer. Didn't mean to imply they didn't actually create their own designs.

Thanks for the clarification though.

I've heard the Northman described as a slightly less stable Wraith with insane glide. I've already ordered a couple, should be here shortly.

I wanted one of these before they came out, but that line says EVERYTHING I NEED to get one. They some in opto plastic, and they come in 150 class...I've been wanting to replace my DX 150 wraiths with something better...opto is nearly indestructible! Yay!

\/\/

Got two, they indeed have crazy glide, being somewhat large diameter. This also leads to them being somewhat slower than other distance drivers, but the glide more than makes up for it IMHO. The plastic is awesome and the flight is nice. A bit more understable than I thought they'd be, but very useful, not flippy by any means. Not going to replace my P-DDs, but very good drivers.

I just got some of these in from Westside and they look SWEET. They feel great. I haven't thrown one yet or don't think I will as there are just enough to give out as prizes for the Roc vs Buzzz Tournament on October 3.

I kept flipping the one I tested out at Disc Nation. Seems like something you could find in any other manufacturer's line. I wasn't sold.

Latest posts