• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Sword

Forehand is my favorite thing to do with this, for some reason I can actually flick about 300 with it, and I can't flick other discs very well.

Noticed this as well. I get smooth FH releases with the Sword and can shape great lines with it. It's becoming my main FH disc :thmbup: While the 3-finger grip on BH feels a bit more comfortable with the Sword, I still prefer the smaller rim width of my PDs over the Sword.

Just picked up a couple VIP's today at 172g each. One of them is a dark pink, and the other is a neon lemon lime. The neon one is significantly less stable than the pink at high speed, but both of them fly a very long way.

I've been throwing Destroyers for a long time, and the pink one actually flies just like my favorite run of Destroyers. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't really flip, it just tracks right for long time, and comes back predictably. Unfortunately I have a pretty small number of my favorite Destroyers, so I'll probably buy a few more of these pinks as replacements. For reference, these are going the same distance as a Destroyer for me (450'), but are taking a different line. I'd be more confident in throwing a Destroyer on anny and trusting it to come back, but I'd be a lot more confident throwing a Sword on a straighter hole that requires 400' or more.

The other obvious comparison is the Flow, but I find these much more HSS than even the most stable Flows I threw. I don't recommend this to anyone with less than 370' of power, but to anyone in the 370'-400' range I recommend it as a straight flying disc, and to anyone with more power as a wonderfully controllable distance driver. I've been unhappy with Swedish consistency issues, but their plastic is undeniably awesome, which is a great bonus :).

My VIP Sword is the best all around distance driver that I've ever had in my bag (edging out Destroyer, Flow, Wraith, and Surge). In normal conditions I throw my seasoned VIP Sword on about 90% of my shots over 380'...I know that has a lot to do with where I play, but that is still versatility that I've not been able to touch with any other D driver.

the sword is definitely born again hard. :thmbup:

Never thought I would like it. Now my main d driver. Now if only I can get a couple more into the condition my current one is O_O

Had a chance to throw several Swords into a headwind. Early flat TP's (big flash) were pretty impressive hitting 415-430 on a low line. Flipped flat, turned late and smooth, still fading consistently. All the VIP's were pretty flippy.

So, if you find Swords flippy, you might want to look for the ones with big flash.

My setup:

big flash TP
seasoned big flash TP (still more HSS than VIP)
VIP
flippy VIP

Yeah my VIP Sword is flippy when you really put the screws to it, might try to pick up a TP. Do the TP's have the same great glide?

Yeah my VIP Sword is flippy when you really put the screws to it, might try to pick up a TP. Do the TP's have the same great glide?
I can control my TP Sword better (maybe slightly understable) than my VIP Sword, but they both glide great.
i'm hoping today is the day my orange 165 vip comes in from finland. i love the sword!
Who'd you order from? Ah, the wait was killer when I ordered my Sword and Swans...

The difference is pretty marginal, if there is any. If you can find copper colored TP's with big flash, pick one. Those things can take 450' power without flipping.

My VIPs (cobalt blue 175s, somewhat domey for a Sword) are fairly HSS, not showing any turn under 400'. I throw them in winds up to about 10-15mph depending on line.

All blues gone. Hopefully the next run will be more stable.

BTW, orange, green and yellow were the ones I tried.

The purple VIP and TP I've thrown have been fairly understable, not flippy, but understable. I have an orange VIP with a nice dome on it, and it very straight. It still has the same fade, but a little more HSS resistant. I think with Swords the bigger the dome, the more overstable, because my purple VIP is flat as a board.

I've got a cobalt blue VIP and it's fine up to around 400 but over that it starts to turn and burn; and it doesn't handle wind that well.