• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Sword

What's the rim size comparable to? Destroyer? Halo? Trying to figure out if my short fingers would deal with this comfortably. Does it have the usual Latitude style + rim?

Sword is a smaller rim than a Destroyer or Halo. It is a slight plus rim, but not as much as some other Lat discs.

What's the rim size comparable to? Destroyer? Halo? Trying to figure out if my short fingers would deal with this comfortably. Does it have the usual Latitude style + rim?

destroyer and sword has the same rim size and the halo is slightly larger. I find the sword much more comfortable than the halo. I do not throw destroyers so could tell you on them. The sword is slightly domier than the halo and shares the same top mold as the king and has it's own lower mold.

Now my curiosity is quite piqued. I don't have much trouble gripping Wraiths or Surges. Thanks amigos.

Slight plus rim, feels more like a wraith than a destroyer.

agreed. The sword feels smaller in the hand than the destroyer, but i think that has to do with the beefiness of the Destroyer height wise. Sword and Trespass are pretty much identical as far as feel in hand.

IMAG0020.jpg

Here's a side by side. SPD with the penny, Sword with the nickel.

I also have the short digits and the Sword is the most comfortable, fastest disc I've found. Sparkle opto seems to start with less HSS than the regular opto, TPs are all over the place stability wise.

I don't get a long with wide rimmed drivers well, and was thinking the Sword was smaller than all the other discs I had in it's same "speed" range. I really like the Sword. It's funny how things can seem, look, and feel so different, yet are relatively the same.

PDGA has the rim thickness at 2.2cm - the same as a Destroyer, Surge, Boatman, or Flow.

Those measurements are whack. Surge, Boatman, and Flow are all visibly smaller than the Destroyer. I've heard they measure from the top/inside of the discs so that ones with slanted rims always have inflated measurements.

Needing a bit of info for a buddy of mine.

He likes the Swedish plastic pretty good and was wondering if the Westside Sword throws like a Innova Tern?

He likes my Tern,but he would much rather have it in Westside/Latitude 64 plastic.

My older Swords did, but I got newer one and it was pretty stable and it was only 167g. Get a TP Sword it should work fairly close to what they want or they could just get a Tern.

I have never thrown a Tern, but from I hear and how I have seen people I play with throw them, they are decently flippy. All of the Swords I have thrown have strong fade at the end of the flight, while very straight in the beginning of the flight. I think they are the closest thing on the market to a high speed Teebird.

I am not sure he will be able to hyzer flip a fresh Sword like I see people do with Terns. I feel Swords perform best when thrown flat IMO.

I have never thrown a Tern, but from I hear and how I have seen people I play with throw them, they are decently flippy. All of the Swords I have thrown have strong fade at the end of the flight, while very straight in the beginning of the flight. I think they are the closest thing on the market to a high speed Teebird.

I am not sure he will be able to hyzer flip a fresh Sword like I see people do with Terns. I feel Swords perform best when thrown flat IMO.

That's good then.

He basically throws everything flat. So that's right up his alley.

I have a few swords and they love to be ripped flat. I can't compare it to a Tern i've never thrown one but the sword when thrown flat with 400ft+ power it does have high speed turn but not too much and it will always fade back. It flies like a new Sp Hurricane or a really beat in Z Force, but my swords are 175 vip. I would agree 170-172 TP swords or lighter VIP the way to go!

The bolt in gold line maybe a better tern. My swords don't turn at all in opto, but the bolt will turn nicely with the same arm speed.

My beat in TP sword and champ tern flew the same to me, sword has a bit more fade though. Swords are by far my favorite discs to throw.

My Sword throws exactly the same as my champ Tern.

How far are you throwing them? If you are unable to get the Tern up to speed then it will not flip and the discs will likely behave the same.

I FH my Swords to 425' on a daily basis with very little turn, while I have seen Terns, flip up from a hyzer release, turn, and never come out at 325'.