• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Sword

Would you guys buy a Sword with this stamp?

View attachment 41916

To each his own, so I am not mocking or hating anyone who disagrees with me, but I am really tired of the apparent need to have skulls, zombies, and decaying flesh on everything. I never really was into that kind of stuff, so it is not necessarily a product of growing older.

However, I have always been into pre-modern era weapons, especially swords. What I would like to see is a sword, as you have drawn in, leaning upright against an empty shell of chest armor, or maybe even piercing it. Go a step further and you can have a helmet lying on the ground with a sword through that. I have no problem with the implication of violence, and I do not squirm because of it, but I just find the visual of it unnecessary. Basically, I really enjoy Gothic but hate horror.

Most of the time, and especially in the case of Discmania if I were ever to throw any of them, I would just wipe the stamp with acetone anyway. Most of the time, the simpler the design, the more I like it.

Had one of my longest throws in a very long time. Played a new course and was windy as hell this past saturday,i crushed my tp sword 530/540ish on this 600'ish hole. Felt like it wasnt going to go far but it road the left to right wind ,panned out later down the fairway and faded out the last 40'. even after,i didnt think it went that far,i walked it off and was about 50 shy of the basket but to the right. idk what i did different but the sword has done nothing but impress me lately.

Sick toss! Yes!

Would you guys buy a Sword with this stamp?

View attachment 41916

Yeah but I'm not really the type of guy that cares how cool his discs look. One of my standbys is a Polecat for Pete's sake. :\

----------------line of thought separation----------------

I've been pretty pleased with the Sword I received from awesomely cool forum member Um... This is the fastest disc my little hands have been okay with gripping in awhile and on good form days it booms while on bad form days it is a tad overstable if I don't quite get it to speed. Ordered a 165g (the other is 169) to see if it's a little easier to turn over but I think the pair should hold down my distance driver needs for a goodly while. :thmbup:

I want to get a picture of these discs before I mess them all up.

10148192273_1380c67460_c.jpg

This sword is the prettiest disc I have ever had.

10148132586_05272e3fa8_c.jpg

Its not a sword but there is a sword on the disc.

10148202533_7886a22195_c.jpg

Except my Westside stamps seem to rub off faster than my other discs.

I gotta say I love the sword. Picked up another one today. I only recently started throwing distance drivers. I was starting to approach the fabled 400' mark with my fairways so I decided it might be time to disc up, tried a couple of things but the sword booms like nothing else for me. Its just got so much glide it sails past where other discs would fade out, and its so straight it takes very little room to do its thing. I'm amazed at how much more distance I can squeeze out of this thing compared to my other discs. Are there any discs out there similar to the sword? I haven't tried a lot of molds but as far as I can see this thing is in a league of its own as far as straight flight and glide.

Clear TP? I'm guessing you meant clear VIP. I've got one of them - with a dark blue stamp. Such a sick disc just waitin' for a dye job.

Clear TP? I'm guessing you meant clear VIP. I've got one of them - with a dark blue stamp. Such a sick disc just waitin' for a dye job.

yes, VIP. sorry, should have clarified. it's the closest thing i've ever seen to a white one.

always been looking for a white GL pain as well. there are just certain discs that they never seem to make in white.

I got a day glow green 165g vip sword recently, and I'm really liking it for lower power drives that I want to flip up to flat and just cruise. My sword is somewhat flippy, but in a reliable sort of way. This thing holds crazy straight for way longer than a speed 11/12 disc has any right to! I'm also having great luck with it on full power shots that need to climb way up hill.

Latest posts