• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weyums bag, looking for a new disc.

Weyums3

Bogey Member
Experience: 3 years
Throw: Rhbh and some forehand
Distance: About 250 with my River is were I max out at.

I am a fairly new player with only about 40 rounds or so played over the past 3 years, and some more practice time in the basket I bought. I usually shoot a few over par but can get par and under. Drives vary but usually not much further than the 250 range. My main drivers are the Teebird and River. My main mid is the Buzzz and my main putter is my MVP anode.

I have had a lot of success with my Anode, I really liked it so I got a second one to practice with. I was also thinking of getting a Ion to pair with it, I have art I for overstable putter already but have heard great things about Ions.

What are some discs that I could use in my bag? How would they help? I feel like I have to much overlap in my bag. This year I am really getting into the sport and I am playing whenever I can.

My Bag
Drivers-
Innova DX Teebird 167g
Latitude 64 Gold Line River 168
Innova DX Leopard 150g
Innova StarLite Tern 149g
Innova Pro Boss 175g
Innova Champion Blizzard Wraith 138g
Discraft Nuke Z 172g

Mid-
Discraft Buzzz Z 171g
Discraft Comet Z 175g
Innova Mako3 172g
Innova R-Pro Roc 170g

Putters-
MVP Anode Eclipse 174g(2 of these)
Innova DX Rhyno 172g

Out of the Bag-
Innova pro beast 167g
Innova DX skeeter 175
Innova DX shark 145g
Innova pro shark 174g
Innova DX Aviar 150g

Well I bought another disc yesterday, a G star Teebird3, I love my Teebird so much but it a DX and getting beat up pretty Bad so I figured is get another in more durable plastic.

How do use each of those discs in your bag? It looks like there is potential for overlap in your drivers depending on the exact runs you have. I would think a beat in DX teebird, GL river, and DX leopard may be quite similar.

I guess I'm still figuring out everything's role in my bag sometimes I don't use half the discs but here is what I use the for.

Teebird- straight drives
River - drives similar to Teebird, just depends what've feel like
Tern- still learning
Boss- tomahawk only in tight wooded areas I can throw a nice tomahawk and it slides on the ground upside down nicely
Nuke- in there in case someone wants to trade, can't throw it at all...
Leopard- don't throw much
Wraith- don't throw much, Rhfh ain't bad though

Buzzz- was my main mid used on most wholes but I'm finding out my Roc is more accurate
Roc- rising as the best mid I have
Mako3- when I need straight shots with minimum fade
Comet- I feel like it's my furthes mid because of the glide so I use it when I need more than my roc but less than my river

Anode- use for all puts, some drives, can throw it pretty well

I guess I'm still figuring out everything's role in my bag sometimes I don't use half the discs but here is what I use the for.

Teebird- straight drives
River - drives similar to Teebird, just depends what've feel like
Tern- still learning
Boss- tomahawk only in tight wooded areas I can throw a nice tomahawk and it slides on the ground upside down nicely
Nuke- in there in case someone wants to trade, can't throw it at all...
Leopard- don't throw much
Wraith- don't throw much, Rhfh ain't bad though

Buzzz- was my main mid used on most wholes but I'm finding out my Roc is more accurate
Roc- rising as the best mid I have
Mako3- when I need straight shots with minimum fade
Comet- I feel like it's my furthes mid because of the glide so I use it when I need more than my roc but less than my river

Anode- use for all puts, some drives, can throw it pretty well

try look into an approach/driving putter, maybe another anode in a premium plastic? or a more stable putter for windy days, drives, etc. Your bag is pretty solid, You could take out the buzzz and just do the Roc/Mako3/Comet combo, or keep it in and season it. If so you could Roc/Buzzz/comet (I did that for a while, my buzzz beat in and became really straight and was used for straight shots, turn overs, anhyzers, etc) If you don't throw your Leopard as much, just take it out altogether and keep the river. You could take out the Higher speed drivers and replace them with more stable to overstable drivers that are lesser in speed and more controllable.

Ok there is my question what overstable drivers are lower in speed and easier to handle? The high speed overstable discs I am having a hard time getting them to do what they are made to do, the go like 200 feet and huge hyzer. I can throw my mako3 as far as my nuke. I m guess I just don't have the arm speed or technique down for that advanced of a disc.