• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What’s all this “3” business

The Jolly is honestly just kind of a dud. I have an Eagle like this as well. Just weird gummy jolly champ plastic that doesn't fly well.

I'm pretty sure the Shimmer Star are weirdly domey comparing them to pictures of other Teebirds online.

I believe part of the reason in making the Teebird3 mold was to address that Teebirds molded up too domey sometimes. I really feel like the Teebird3 is an improvement.

To answer the question - I wasn't even trying to FH the Teebirds. They are domier than the TL I use for hyzer flip FH. The Teebird3 is super clean for Forehands and is taking a lot of the shots I was making with the Thunderbird because those holes don't actually want a whole-ass 9 speed. (I use TL-Eagle/EXP-TB3-Thunderbird for FH and max out at 350.)

I've seen flat L, TL, and T3's and I've seen others that look identical to their regular counterparts.

From what I recall seeing star plastic seems to be the worst offender of domey 3 molds.

Probably stating something anybody reading already knows, but fondle your plastic in person and if that's not an option order from somebody like OTB who describes flatness or will reply to an email asking specific questions.

In all honesty at this point if y'all are ordering plastic blindly you're asking for problems. Make them retailers work for that DG rich money.

Honestly, Innova started putting a picture of the profile on the pro shop, when I saw the profile of the MF Teebird3, I knew it would be my perfect neutral stable fairway. Why side pics / dome/stiffness specs haven't been demanded until now is bonkers to me.

Honestly, Innova started putting a picture of the profile on the pro shop, when I saw the profile of the MF Teebird3, I knew it would be my perfect neutral stable fairway. Why side pics / dome/stiffness specs haven't been demanded until now is bonkers to me.

I agree it's good they're posting a profile pic, but from what I've looked at it's typically just one while they have multiple pics of the disc colors available.

Aka you're not necessarily getting the profile pic you're seeing based off color. The profile pic of c pd's released recently looked pretty domey but some were flatter. I know personally I held off because of the profile pic but would've been much more inclined to order if flatter options were more readily available, especially at the premium price.

Better than nothing, but let's be real…Innova's runs are going to be larger than anybody else's so there's gonna be some variance.

that's a lot of extra time for a retailer to take individual pictures and list them to their website accordingly. OTB's prices have generally been a little higher with their descriptions and discgolfcenter's prices are a little higher now with most discs having a top and profile pic listed. I think retailers have realized now that people will pay those higher prices.

FTFY

I've honestly been baffled by the success of Star plastic; too often it's pop-top garbage.

For some players, it's about the grip. I know I prefer the Star plastic for that reason. I love the DX, but go through them too quickly. Champ feels too slick in my hand and I don't get a grip I'm comfortable with. But Star plastic gives me the grip I want with the longevity I need.

I was using DX Teebirds for a long time as they were really good, but here in Arizona with desert landscape and lots of rocks...I went through one a month. Changed to Star plastic and my disc has lasted about three months now.

Latest posts