• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What a gal...

J-Man

Double Eagle Member
My wife just bought me a DGA MACH V...wow! How did I ever practice without it. Compared to many baskets on established courses this is superior. I re-landscaped the front and side yards for the wifey and she got me this little honey to say happy b-day and for all the hard work over the summer. Did I mention it's a sunburst orange...I noticed there is not a review on this basket...well...what can be said; "From the company that brought you DG, the DGA MACH V is the state of the art of DG baskets. It has the standard DGA sliding links, but it's real innovation is the three tiered chain pattern. Unlike the Mach III that only consists of outer and inner chains the MACH V consistas of 12 outer, 6 mid, and 6 inner chains. Discs that hit high and slightly wide fall easier than baskets with only two sets of chains. DGA also configures the outer chains to a sigular small ring that sits higher than the inner chains. The mid and inner chains fall deeper in the basket and are connected to a larger ring, which gives the MACH V amazing chatchability for higher speed shots. With a 20 year guarentee, and Orange Burst powder coating over all galvanized parts this basket will be part of my home landscape for some time. I realize that this basket is not in every budget, but if you, like me, won't stand for anything less than the best, at least when it comes to equiptment, the DGA MACH V is the only serious choice. There are plenty of cheaper models that work fine available, but years ago a coach stressed the point of, "You play like you practice," so I figured practicing on the best out there will transfer to my local courses." Highly recommended.

'J'

I almost prefer to practice on smaller targets. I figure if I can make 80% of my putts on a small portable basket, I should be able to make 90% of them on a full size basket.

That is so awesome. what a gift. anyone who says they would rather practice on a traveler or something similar is hating. or piss poor. either way u got a great chick!

yea, after 30 years she's got too much invested to rip out any hearts...and my putt % is up on the courses. Nothing wrong with the smaller portables, but I prefer to practice on the same style I face on the course. Well that and it just looks so frakin sweet.

sunspot said:
I had a woman buy me basket once only to rip my heart out later. Hope it turns out different for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk