• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] What about the Max?

People don't talk about it because its best use is a moderately overstable driver for high power players but it's not the best disc for that slot. So most don't find it that useful and those that would probably prefer the Force instead.

Better than XCals for headwinds and my favorite meathook driver. After wearing in it still doesn't flip. I especially enjoy that it only comes in one weight... Max.

I personally love my max.. It's one of the longer discs in my bag because I can throw it with a lot of anny and it is more forgiving and less sensitive than a boss or other high speed driver.. Because of that it is very easy to control IMO... never leave home with out it

It seems odd that it's a distance driver, because it's so beefy. The profile almost looks thick enough to be a fairway driver.

Hmmm. Might have to look at one of these.

Was out last week and the wind was so strong it was turning my banshee over thrown at waist height. You saying this wouldn't happen to a max or are these the cases when you are supposed to just go home?

I personally love my max.. It's one of the longer discs in my bag because I can throw it with a lot of anny and it is more forgiving and less sensitive than a boss or other high speed driver.. Because of that it is very easy to control IMO... never leave home with out it

Does torque monkey dance... 200' hyzer, whoooaaaaa!!!! Wait, your disc is still in the air...

Yeah luckily it was hole 17 when it got that strong. The rest of the day the Banshee was sailing along completely straight. I am only good for about 250' with it in the wind but it was turning and burning about 170' out. I had never seen a disc turnover thrown so low and could only shake my head and take my bogies.

Banshee and Drone for two of the longest holes on the course with the gator as a putter. Rough times.

Thank god I am a forehander though, imagine being stuck out there with a leopard and an xd?

Mine started out understable/stable, in about one month of abuse it got so flippy it replaced my A.A. for rollers ¦-/

the Max is pretty much the most overstable disc that innova makes. You must be doing something wrong.

Bill you should definitely check out a star max, it's a sweet forehand disc and it will almost never turn over.

I've had the max for a few years and it has never turned over. Amazing disc with a strong fade at the end. I love it for spike hyzers and those holes that have a huge tree in front that you have to get around. On windy days, the max is a rock.

....buy a cfr champion max. It's a great fh disc and thumber/tomahawk. It's reliable, it's massively overstable, and it's money for hyzer finishing shots. I have two aces this year with two different champion max's.

...the star model is ok, but will be it to be too understable for a maximum overstable driver after a few months.

Mine started out understable/stable, in about one month of abuse it got so flippy it replaced my A.A. for rollers ¦-/

Started out under-stable??? New??? Huh, Ive never heard of the Max being a roller either, lol

Some day I will own a Max with this dye:

00-Mighty_Max-pics-and-vids1.jpg

And if you don't know what that is, you probably played with Polly Pockets.

Latest posts