• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What am I doing wrong? Multi Color Dye.

I like the rubber cement trick...

bump for more to see.

Sorry for all the questions...

What's the advantage of having a plotter if you have to hand-cut a lot of multi-color dyes? What's are some tricks for lining up your hand cuts on a disc (say you want a seamless transition between colors in different color groups with little to no overlap?) Can you shine a light through almost any discs to see these points?

This may help. On most of my recent multi color dyes I've started using both dip and shaving cream[not marbled].
I pre cut almost everything, apply vinyl, weed black areas, here's where I start playing thing by ear, if the design isn't that detailed and the vinyl went on smooth[no creases near rim cuts etc.] Dip, peel, dip, peel.
picture.php

this was all pre-cut, dipped, no remask. When I'm working on a disc, it's not uncommon for me to kinda wander around the house, disc in hand, burnishing the cut lines with my finger/fingernail and double checking the weeding and getting my dye together.

If it's a crazy design[I'm currently working on hand-cut digi camo] and or the vinyl didn't go down very well and I don't trust floating it or I need just a spot of color, I'll mix 1/4 tsp. powder rit[more or less depending on intensity and coverage area] and about 1/2oz. hot water with enough shaving cream to not be runny. Usually I mix the dye,squirt a shot of SC in hair dye applicator bottle then add the dye mix and sir with kabob skewer. This allows me to work the dye/sc on the top of the disc face up. Solid colors, isolated marbleing, I've had pretty good results with small area gradients by putting down a bead of SC and slowly pushing it out over the area with a tooth pick. You can also work different colors at the same time.

picture.php

All hand pre-cut. All of the ground,back and fore ground is black dip,probably 5-6 dip and peels,1-5 min each. Unfortunately you can see where I got lazy re-masking around the reindeer and the contact paper pulled some of the background dye.:wall: The deer, discs and blue on the bumble were SC on top of the disc. The shadow/shading on the bumble was my 1st try at painting w/acetone.

Kinda rambling and slightly off question but hopefully it helps. Good luck