• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what are some of the coolest holes/signature holes you ever played?

Hampton Park #16. Tee off under a huge live oak, through a gap between the enormous sprawling limbs. Have to carry over a circular pool with a fountain right in the middle; the far side is a cement wall and rail fence rising about 8' high that you must clear, or else. Row of trees beyond that. Basket beyond that.

Here's a few I like (Maybe not the signature hole to everyone but challenging holes taht really stand out to me).

Holler in the Hills #17 - Across the Ravine, Basket is at eye level about 310' from you. Narrow straight alley through the tree tops the entire way. Nick one of these many limbs and its a long fall to the bottom. [View from behind basket looking back at the tee - Picture doesn't come close to showing the ravine drop.]
df9bcfda.jpg

Idlewild #2 - (Long Placement) Beautiful Hole with the pond guarding the pin. Picture is from the short placement and it takes a very good shot to get there.
3e5c6d5a.jpg

Indian Rock #3 - Down the hill, through the trees, turn left through the passage under the bridge, come out the other side and turn right up the hill and miss a few more trees. A 3 makes you very happy.
c2cc1b3f.jpg

On the back mountainous 9 at Whistler DGC the last hole is 300' down a slim path to the basket pretty awesome to barely throw the disc and watch it sail to the hole.

There used to be a hole at Maximo (St Pete) that was on a Gulf of Mexico Beach. I heard they changed it though.:|

Final Hole at Sellersville.....220 feet with 2 water crossings and water behind the basket
Basket is essentially on a peninsula bend.......I often lay up on this one :doh:

Attachments

• so much dg 354.jpg
    so much dg 354.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 62
For me the hole that has the biggest impact as I step to the tee has to be Flyboy #3, maybe not the most challenging hole in the world, but definitely the one that lets me know I'm in for an amazing day.

some more looks at the best 220 foot hole in DG...including the approach and the lookback to the basket

Attachments

• so much dg 355.jpg
    so much dg 355.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 66
  • so much dg 356.jpg
    so much dg 356.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 62
  • so much dg 357.jpg
    so much dg 357.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 60
For me the hole that has the biggest impact as I step to the tee has to be Flyboy #3, maybe not the most challenging hole in the world, but definitely the one that lets me know I'm in for an amazing day.

That was my first thought, awesome combination of beauty and real risk/reward.

@mike p - you know you can right click on an image on the site and get the image url and just embed it. the photos are much bigger that way.

Last edited:
Hole number 11 at Idlewild. Throwing through the Y tree is awesome. And pretty much all the holes at Maximo Park. Throwing in that Lagoon area and all the crazy shrubbery in the park is awesome.

At the Southern Arizona Disc Golf Classic a couple weeks ago we played tee 18 to basket 1, with OB water all along the right hand side and the crazy tough green on 1 with OB down the hill to the right. It played roughly 700' and was very unique, and one of (if not #1) the best tournament finishing holes I've ever played.

914ad066_m.jpg

74692c82_m.jpg

Latest posts