• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What are you excited to try in 2019?

I am looking forward to trying a single-brand bag this year. So far it's brought me a feeling of peace and consistency. I wasn't expecting that. Maybe if I can stop chasing the "perfect disc" for each spot I can focus on playing better. On the other hand, one of the great joys of this game is trying out new stuff... so we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switching main midrange to gateway prophecy

Currently in use is the compass, have one in recycled plastic that I was suppose to beat in; with Ricky leaving,I feel a little more free to try others, plus the disc didn't come in a plastic that cycled easy. Mainly used it to support the guy and when I started playing I had a major hate for beaded discs, not so much anymore. Have a diamond prophecy and has been working good, just need to get a sure grip one to beat it for a straight flyer.

I've done a thing where Iake a brand exclusive bag to play with alongside my main bag every year. I did Westside in 2017(many of those stuck in the main bag) Innova In 2018, and I think 2019 will be a Gyro year. I have a lot of it already Phases and Octanes/Mayhem for DD, Motion/Fireball in the control class, Crave(need one more) and Matrix with Envy and Atoms to putt. Need to try a deflector so I guess I'm excited to see if I can shoot just as well with MVP as a mixed bag.

For the record my Innova bag was slightly harder for me, but the scores did not change hardly at all. It's all archer as long as the arrows aren't absolute bunk.

Switching main midrange to gateway prophecy

Currently in use is the compass, have one in recycled plastic that I was suppose to beat in; with Ricky leaving,I feel a little more free to try others, plus the disc didn't come in a plastic that cycled easy. Mainly used it to support the guy and when I started playing I had a major hate for beaded discs, not so much anymore. Have a diamond prophecy and has been working good, just need to get a sure grip one to beat it for a straight flyer.

This is why I never base a bag of discs off of specific pro players, just use the players to get ideas.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention some of the Infinite discs products, I've accumulated some points there and thought I'd throw some of them at their new discs like the Slab, and Exodus.

Probably a lot of DC, not because of McBeth, but because of my good experiences with their discs. I have a Cryztal Focus from Ledgestone 2017 on the way, I'm hoping to see how well it puts and approaches, since I'm bagging 3-4 putter molds and would like to bring that down to 2. Also the Corvette just because of the name. If I make Team Infinite (I think I made a compelling case for myself) I'll be trying to bag as much of their stuff as possible (hopefully they make a Roc-like mid that is truly concave, if not I'll just bag my Rocs and pick up a Taurus to replace my Wasp).

Probably a lot of DC, not because of McBeth, but because of my good experiences with their discs. I have a Cryztal Focus from Ledgestone 2017 on the way, I'm hoping to see how well it puts and approaches, since I'm bagging 3-4 putter molds and would like to bring that down to 2. Also the Corvette just because of the name. If I make Team Infinite (I think I made a compelling case for myself) I'll be trying to bag as much of their stuff as possible (hopefully they make a Roc-like mid that is truly concave, if not I'll just bag my Rocs and pick up a Taurus to replace my Wasp).

There is actually a team Infinite now? Cool, they could have one with the discs they are having produced though Innova Factory and the other discs from Innova factory being allowed. Before it was just a bag sponsor for players and if Not sponsored by a Disc Golf Disc Manufacture then you would be asked to use the discs from Infinite Discs.

Not a new mold in 2019, but I have a 171g champ SHRYKE!! that I'm excited to try out.

Have only thrown one SHRYKE!! It's max weight champ glow, and noticeably domey. Acts more stable/OS than I think a SHRYKE!! should. I'm hoping that the lighter and milder dome version will be a legit distance crusher, rather than basically flying control driver type lines.

However, with this Montana winter in full swing, it's going to be several months before I have much reason to huk a high speed driver.

Is there a specific run of Shrykes that make them SHRYKE!!s?

I really want to check out a Tremor, and at least hold a bullfrog in my hand. For some reason my tastes are more exacting for the stuff on the outsides of the stability spectrum.

Really looking forward to Paul announcing his final bag so I can dump all my Innova crap in the river.

picture.php

Attachments

• Robin Slap.jpg
    Robin Slap.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 27
TLDR: MVP Dimension

I'be been fairly happy with my bag. I didn't change the drivers much since last spring and only tweaked the fairway/control set a little bit mostly to tune it for individual courses.

Then...last week I found a MVP Dimension and gave it a few tosses, a forehand, spike hyzer, and a full power backhand. Holy Cow! It went way farther than I thought was possible. I threw a couple of my backup D2s side by side with it and the Dimension just went farther. I'm going to have to give it some serious throw this week during practice in a field and during practice rounds.

The DD Raider driver. I like trespasses and enforcers, and the Raider is supposedly a speed 12 as well... Plus I'm a Raiders fan, but I don't like to talk about that too much.

Really looking forward to Paul announcing his final bag so I can dump all my Innova crap in the river.

So, just because Paul McBeth changes sponsors means Innova discs are suddenly crap? Not sure I follow your reasoning there.:\

You're going to throw certain discs simply because McBeth does?

Gotta say, never tried ESP plastic. Like the Buzzz. That McBeth version has gotten my attention.

So, just because Paul McBeth changes sponsors means Innova discs are suddenly crap? Not sure I follow your reasoning there.:\

You're going to throw certain discs simply because McBeth does?

Clearly we need a "tongue in check" emoji created and placed after every sarcastic statement these days.

Latest posts