• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what colors can I dye on pink disks?

Timeetyo

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I am just getting started dyeing with black stencils but am planning ahead for future dyes and have been wondering what colors I can get on pink discs? I assume yellows are out, but I am wondering what colors are possible on pink discs.

So. ..what colors are possible and what idye will you use to get them?

Anything not lighter than pink, really. You can get good reds, blues, purples, and all varieties therein. Maybe not green, but green would clash on a pink disc anyway.
As for the iDye POLY -- simple. Red. Blue. Purple. :)

To my amazement I got a pretty good orange color on a pink XG Valkyrie, so I don't think orange is out of the question, but I've never done it on a pink star disc.

In addition to idye red, blue, violet, I would say pick up some crimson too...love that color. Also lilac maybe...it's a really weak color, but would probably work on pink.

Thanks for the feedback. I was lucky - stopped in at joanne fabrics to pick up some dye to get started and they had 4x 50% off coupons. Ended up getting Black, Red, Purple, & Blue for 8.00. Score.

Quick question - dying that purple on a pink disc - same color as in my avatar - how long do I want it in the purple (hot & dip dyed)? Looking for the purple to be fairly light - just enough to give contrast to the pink.

Quick question - dying that purple on a pink disc - same color as in my avatar - how long do I want it in the purple (hot & dip dyed)? Looking for the purple to be fairly light - just enough to give contrast to the pink.

Depends on how hot you have the dye. I start with 3-4 mins and check it, and go from there on how often to check after. Purple and green idye poly seems to be faint and light and then BOOM! dark, so just keep and eye on it and check often. Good luck.

I'm happy with my first 3 color attempt. The purple came out a nice light purple (didn't leave it in long), so may have darkened up a lot. The blue didn't turn out as I expected, but it did come out a sweet looking dark purple, so it worked. This was mostly an experiment dye to get an idea for times & colors.

Attachments

• SW Dye Mutli.jpg
    SW Dye Mutli.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 76
I know you basically have your answer. But this is a dyed pink opto diamond.
30a52xy.jpg

What colors to diy a old pink disc

I am wanting to diy a used pink disc and not sure what color(s) would look good on it

Latest posts