• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what company should i start selling?

which disc company should i start selling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gianetics

Birdie Member
i own a small boating and fishing supply store and i brought in disc golf equiment.
my lineup consists of: innova, dga, discraft, and discmania. response has been great, good local club along with lack of competition. so now i think its time to bring in a fifth company. Im leaning with lat 64, but mvp is close second. with lat i would need to do a much bigger initial order, which is harder because this is a side project not a main source of sales. thats why mvp or legacy might be the way to go. so what would you want to see at your local shop?

on a side not i carry some bags, baskets and other accessories. i really havent picked a go to bag company. i had some dga bags and discraft, but im thinking of bringing in fade bags instead.

Get Lat, you may have to spend more, but even customers who don't play, will see how sexy the plastic looks and be intrigued.

^ he might have a point. Sad to say, but looks sell.
Also, you might ask that local club what they want to see - they'll probably be your main source of sales, both direct and via referral.

didnt even think about gateway. ill probably bring in a line of wizards, voodoos and, magics. any drivers worthwhile?

Latitude has a pretty darn complete line of discs. MVP is lacking a lot of slots. If it were me, I'd bring them both in, and drop DGA. But if you have to choose go Latitude. a lot should depend on your local market though. Do some research, and see what your customer want.

I would put a sign up next to your disc golf section asking your customers what they would like. Have a drop box for votes to be placed. Oh and have brochures from the companies your considering for them to look through.

The difference will be what can you sell to someone who isn't already looking for something specific. Beginners walking into your store just looking to buy discs with no preconceptions will buy based on looks. They may be familiar with Innova and Discraft but if they want to branch out to something new, it will be based on what looks good on the shelf. For that, MVP and Latitude are going to be the winners. I'd pick Latitude over MVP because you can get greater coverage and I bet you'll get more repeat buyers.

Lat and MVP....the sexiest plastic on the market. Just their looks will get people to buy them. If you have to start with just one company, then I'd go Lat. Even though MBP

MVP, more people ask me about that than ant lat64 disc I've thrown. It has a different look to it and that intrigues people. Plus it's cheaper and you're supporting a fellow American small business.

Last edited:
I was talking to the managers at my local play it again sports about their lat 64 sales and he couldn't believe how much gold line stuff he sold to rec players. They buy it simply on looks since most of them just go out for fun and don't research a lot of different discs. They sell out of MVP pretty quick though too. It might be worth it to Cary both.

didnt even think about gateway. ill probably bring in a line of wizards, voodoos and, magics. any drivers worthwhile?

You'll find a few people who'll say otherwise, but overall, nearly all of their drivers are not worthwhile.

They're putters though, definitely!!

I voted latitude not just because of the sexy, but they fly well, and they have more models available to you.

MVP is pretty awesome too... if you can get both in, I would try to do that.

Also maybe carry a few Vibram discs. They are very durable and awesome discs. They are made in the USA so good to support local products.