• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What disc do you throw off of the teepad the most

Until I shanked it into hole 9 at Morris Frank DGC my go to disc was a beat in Elite-X Nuke. Now my go to is a under stable Bolt in Opto-air unless it's a windy day, which it is then usually my Crank if it's not a headwind shot.

Wraith / Stalker / Comet combine for most of my tee shots.

150g Champion Mamba, the thing flies straight, got it in a trade. It sat in the pile for a year then one day I threw it. It flew, I bagged it. Wind kills it though. Great on narrow shots. Funny thing is that it flies like no other Mamba I have ever had.

Depending on wind/conditions/shot at hand....

GL River, Star TeeBird, GL Striker, C-Line FD, SOLS, Z Avenger are in the bag...so one of those?

my three go to drivers off the teepad

<275ish - Wizard - i carry like 4 of them for driving upshots and putters

up to around 325ish - gateway karma - my go to midrange

>350 - innova boss - plastics all over. stability ratings from overstable to a roller.

Wooded, short courses and short holes on long courses- Leopard, Comet or Roc
Open courses with length - Wraith, Sidewinder or Leopard

Overall since I started playing: CE Leopard
Second half: Pro Starfire (SL mold)
Recently: S-PD Freak.

Until recently, I've almost always carried three Leopards: a beat DX, a beat SE, and either a CE or Star. My CE Leopard is still the favorite disc in my collection (with a lightning bolt dyed 10x KC Teebird a close second). I retired all my CE plastic a few years ago, and have never quite gotten as attached to the Star Leopard. I've played so little in the last number of years that I really have no feel for any of my discs, so I've been switching out most of my bag to avoid losing any more of my all-time favorites.

I'm a noodle arm, so I'm throwing my PD on holes where most of you are probably throwing mids and putters. Still throw the Starfire, I often use a Blizzard Wraith on longer, open holes, and currenty use a TD2 as my understable drive of choice. I'd still love to find a slight-to-mid understable fairway driver to replace the CE Leo and perhaps be my #1 choice off the tee. Already have a Trak and River in my bag, with the Trak being preferred at the moment. May try a Patriot next.

Overall, some version of a Roc... 2013 MST DX Flat-Top Roc specifically.
Opto Pure is very close 2nd, *D Star Destroyer is a distant 3rd, with X Comet 4th and ESP Glo Zone 5th right behind.

Geez, it totally depends on the basket - distance, turn, tree layout. I cycle through a King, Hatchet, Northman, Tern, Underworld or Roadrunner off the tee. But I've settled on an ESP Buzzz for mids.

DeLa is a short course overall, I'd definitely say Tangent, and then Giant for driver shots, and Crave for fairway shots

Lately it's been my sweet sky blue Pinnacle ghost.

If it's not that, then it's generally one of my Pinnacle rivals.

I had been working on using my Volt for varying distances from the tee, with pretty good success, up until I lost it a few days ago. Another one is on its way, though.

Looking at yesterday evenings round...
Champ Max - III (FH Rollers)
Star Destroyer - IIIIIII
Star Whippet - II
CE Firebird - I
Misselin - II (Thrown because water was high and it was the least valued overstable disc in my bag)
Star Max - III

Star Destroyer Wins

I throw a Ridge for a lot of shots under 300. And mainly orcs other than that (I carry 4 or 5 in different weights/plastics/stages of wear).

Just counted what I threw off the box for my most recent round this weekend.

Destroyers x7
Teebirds x4
Firebirds x3
MD2 x 1
Roc3 x 1
PD x 1
Pure x 1

Latest posts