• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] What disc to replace my CE Leopard?!

just Me But A Seasoned Leopard Star Is Still Money. I Doubt You Would Notice A Difference. If Only In Your Head. Worst You Could Do Is Spend Your Proceeds In A Strip Club OR Buy A MVP.

I actually replaced a Champion Leopard I had for a couple years with a CE Leopard a few months ago. I had a beat up Champion Leo that was my most under stable fairway driver but lost it in some tall grass. I have around ten CE discs hanging on my wall so after I lost my Champ Leo I decided to try one of my CE Leos. I thought about using one of my Stars or beating up a Champ again but I thought why not actually use one of my CE discs instead of just have them collect dust. I have been using my CE Leopard since then & I'm loving it. It's flight isn't identical to what my Champ was but it fills the same slot in my bag. I recommend getting a Star Leopard if you want it to get to the same level of stability as your CE Leo quickly. If your willing to take the time to beat in a Champ so it keeps that nice level of stability for along time then get a Champ. I won't tell you to sell or keep it, that's up to you but the way I see it is a disc is just a disc. Any OOP disc can be replaced by discs currently in production. A third option is just to keep it, hang it on a wall or save it for collecting purposes. Who knows maybe CE will be worth even more in a few years. What ever your decision is make sure its your own & not something your doing because of peer pressure.

Dam I play one round and come back home and it's already one page 3!!

That's what I love about this forum never short of replies and talk.

Yea I guess I'll just keep it. It's just hard to think man I could have 3 new discs from selling one. We all know we would love a reason to buy/get more discs ;)

And I'm not really attached a disc is a disc to me but it does fly great that's all I care about is how they fly to improve my game. I need all the help I can get.

Seriously sell it-- buy 3 other suggested discs.. find one in production you like then sell the other and stock up. Its a no brainer IMO but do you meng.

MVP amp will make its release in proton soon and put any CE leo to sleep IMO not to mention 10 other molds already out which compete and were suggested that are better being they can be bought anytime.

What discs will replicate this Leopard? This is my favorite driver aside from my beast right now. So what disc(s) should I fund and get to replace this Leopard. :\

your post made it sound like you're attached . . .

if you *truly* aren't, then go ahead and sell it! but it seemed like you didn't want to - more like you felt beleaguered.

just make sure that your replacement throws the same first.

your post made it sound like you're attached . . .

if you *truly* aren't, then go ahead and sell it! but it seemed like you didn't want to - more like you felt beleaguered.

just make sure that your replacement throws the same first.

No I'm not I just enjoy the flight and forgiveness of the disc honestly. I'm not sentimental about my discs just want them to preform as I need per shot. I'd run a full bag of misprints if they all flew the way my discs do now.

I just feel like I'm that idiot with a nice car treating it like a beater truck when people can appreciate it more than just a disc like I do. Especially because of every time I play it I get a comment or offer for it like I'm throwing a priceless gem and beating it up on trees and pavement.

Is seriously the most forgiving driver I have in my bag, no matter how I throw it its a flat straight drive with a slight very slow end fade. I don't think I've ever had a bad throw with it.

I only buy 01-04 champ or any year star plastic from Innova and I throw the CE because I agree with you, if flies more predictable than many of my other discs. Why? Who knows. Appreciation for its beauty or value? Perhaps. The way it feels in the hand? That it takes decades to beat the stability out of it? That the plastic itself somehow really flies different?

Really, who cares. It makes your game more enjoyable and sure, the occassional guy tells you that you're crazy for throwing it but I just say, "I think you're crazy for not."

Really, who cares. It makes your game more enjoyable and sure, the occassional guy tells you that you're crazy for throwing it but I just say, "I think you're crazy for not."

Haha that last line was awesome. Yea I'll just keep playing with it. Found out I dont have access to the classifieds so that helped sway my decision a lot :p

But if I do get another offer of $50+ Ill take my chances and fund other discs. Its a good disc but hey there has to be ONE disc out of the 50 million made that can replicate it a little bit.

But I do have to admit this plastic is indestructible.

The thing is you're not going to be able to throw it forever. Plastic breaks down, and it does it a lot faster when it gets exposed to the UV in sunlight. A lot of CE is starting to break down quickly, if I were you I'd sell it and buy yourself some new discs that will last another 10 years for you rather than having a disc that's likely to crack in half in the next year or two.

The thing is you're not going to be able to throw it forever. Plastic breaks down, and it does it a lot faster when it gets exposed to the UV in sunlight. A lot of CE is starting to break down quickly, if I were you I'd sell it and buy yourself some new discs that will last another 10 years for you rather than having a disc that's likely to crack in half in the next year or two.

I'd have to agree with his point of the CE not lasting forever. Plus you said you've had it awhile. I say buy a couple discs you want to try to replace it with and pick the one you think resembles it most. Then you can either keep the other discs you picked up or sell/trade them along with the Leopard to get your money back. Just my 2 cents.

But if I do get another offer of $50+ Ill take my chances and fund other discs. Its a good disc but hey there has to be ONE disc out of the 50 million made that can replicate it a little bit.

There are no gaps in possible flight patterns just with Innova, DX only, no variation b/t same molds, discs alone. Add in all of the manufacturers, plastics, and the variations that come with same molds depending on bla bla bla and there is so much overlap that it's ridiculous. Look ma, a new disc! :wall:

There is no single disc that your game is going to be dependent on for lowest scores but that said, I like to live a little with my one and only hobby and if you shop with discretion, you can get well stored, new CE for under $50 and it will "nearly" hold it's new flight stability for 10+ years and most likely not crack for 20+ years unless you store it in the open air and/or if you just love slamming into trees round after round.

I don't know what the next longest lasting plastic is but I would venture to say that it doesn't last 1/3 as long and you're going to be paying 1/3 of the price of CE, it basically comes out in the wash cost wise.

I suppose it's not such a good deal if you play in areas where it's impossible to retrieve a bad shot as you would most likely not throw it and be wasting valuable space and weight in your bag but in sunny, So. Cal, I can think of three holes where water comes into play (Yuciapa & Chino) so yea.

I throw 2nd run CE Leopards as well and found a good solution for a replacement during the few times of the year when it actually gets cold in Houston. I throw the older glow champion leopards (5 or so years old w/ tourney stamps) and they seem to be a close match to the stability and durability of the coveted 2nd Run's. I have not tried any recently produced glow champ leo's so I can not comment on if they are the same or not, but trust me get one and you will be pleasantly surprised.

G Star Leopard or 400 F7

I think that GStar has potential for durability and consistency if Dave was being honest about a retro, later CE plastic blend. I've only thrown my GStar Leopard enough to say that the first, slight stability drop that comes with star seems to be delayed by comparison. I have little doubt that Dave can replicate any generation of CE if he chose to. At the time it went OOP, Innova had no competition to speak of with rec players so why would they continute to make discs that only needed to be replaced if lost?

The day another disc maker figures out the blend and word gets out 5-10 years down the production road, you can bet Innova is going to rediscover this 'long lost' recipie.