• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Discs have you bought Multiples of?

armiller

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
During the discussion about throwing multiple molds versus throwing cycles of fewer molds, I realized that one reason I don't like cycles is that I have to buy more discs. That got me thinking about which discs I've actually purchased multiples of (more than 2, with the goal of 1) having discs at different stages or wear or 2) having adequate replacements)

I haven't found very many molds that I fell in love with to the point that I want to find identical replacements. I've bought a few ESP Surges with good consistency, and a few Star Beasts which haven't been quite as consistent. Other than that, I haven't really focused on finding replacements for most discs, including Buzzz's and Comets, which I have tons of. I'm not counting putting putters, which I also have multiples of for practice and so that I can rotate them in and out of the bag.

So, what molds have you purchased more than 2 of, specifically trying to cycle discs or have similar replacements? I'm expecting plenty of Teebird, Destroyer, and Roc folks. Overall, I'm just curious where we DGCR folks put our money when it comes to cycling/replacing discs, as opposed to a theoretical discussion about whether it's better to minimize molds.

I currently own more than 5 of the following
Yeti Aviar
Wizard
Rhyno
Roc - 10+
Comet
Eagle
Gazelle
Teebird
Orc

All of these are my bread and butter and what I use to compare any new disc I try against.

I'm not disappointed in buying a back up, I have a stash already and nothing makes me happier than finding that perfect Eagle or Roc to add to my core holdings. I feel far more confident buying what I know than trying something and finding out it sucks (Cough "Trilogy fairways" cough). Doesn't mean I won't try something new, I'm just not as excited as I once was.

Back in the day i bought two S-TB penned Teebirds from a local shop because I wanted a backup. Ended up being the greatest decision ever as between the two of them most shots between 250-350 were covered for 6 years. One of them now lives at the bottom of Lake Michigan, which is my saddest disc loss, and the other is the flippy teebird in my cycle of Teebirds that I have mostly acquired used.

Other discs I've intentionally bought multiples of for the purposes of cycling or replacing include Rocs, EMac Truths, Wizards (Stiff Super Soft for throwing putters), Wraiths, and a fresh sidewinder to accompany the one in my bag that got flippy. I also replace and cycle out Firebirds when the one in my bag gets too flippy, but only carry one at a time.

Usually, I don't buy multiple new discs at once. Instead I trade molds of discs I have either found or tried and not fallen in love with to accrue more discs of molds I know that I throw. I then take them out in the field and figure out where each one slots in the cycle. Cycling is much less work when you buy at least some of the discs used. I own at least 8 Teebirds and will bag up to 4. If I lost any one of them within the cycle I've got a similar enough one to replace it with. Same boat with Wraiths, as I probably own 8 or 9 of them in varying ware, too.

Play long enough, you'll have bought several discs that fit in this description.

Putters:
Wizard
Magic
Warlock
Voodoo
Omega
Aviar
Aviar PnA
XD
Zone
Banger GT
Challenger
Ion
Blowfly
APX
Magnet
Ridge
Summit
Sole
Scale
Serpent
Sinus
Classic Roc
Hunter

Midranges:
Meteor
Roc
Roc3
Roc+
Sentinel
Aurora
Buzzz
Stingray
Cobra
Classic Cobra
Fuse
Ibex
Cro
Ghost
Gator
Drone
Hornet
Core

Fairways:
Leopard
Assassin
JLS
Alpha
Firebird
Patriot
Phenom
EXP

Drivers:
Flick
PD
Striker
Orion LS
Orion LF
Sidewinder
SL
Crush
XXX
Outlaw
Quarter K
Quasar
Cannon
Lace
Force
Nuke

Molds I currently own at least 5 of:

Xcals
Destroyers
Firebirds
Orion LFs
Roadrunners
Eagle Xs
Teebirds
Gazelles
Cheetahs
Sentinels
Gators
Rocs
Comets
Zones
Harps
Aviars
Wizards
Lexes

Molds I currently have at least 15 of:

Destroyers
Orion LFs
Gazelles
Rocs
Wizards

My question is, how can a player have truly productive field work without multiples of at least their key molds? I strongly believe most improvements come on the practice range, not on the course. Practice with mixed bag = mixed feedback = mixed results.

Most in my bag for backups...but I'll do two categories one for backups and the other for cycles.

Backups;
Ape
Phase
Firebird
King
Giant
Bard
Atom
Harp
Teebird
Eagle
Wizard
Champ Roc
Jun
Reign
Touch

For cycling;
Stag
Roc
Yao(if I could cycle a new Tiger Yao every month it would still be in the bag)
Also Wizard
Also Harp
Wraith
Destroyer

And many others but those spring to mind.

I've been playing less than 18 months, and have already purchased 4 Volts (three Fission & one Neutron). I also have 3 Wardens, with the intention to get more for practice.

More than 100
Destroyer
Wizard
Buzzz
Firebird

More than 30
Wraith
Proxy
Cheetah
Teebird
Roc
Judge
PD
Buzzz SS
Zone

More than 10
Meteor
Leopard
Comet
Tracker
Rival
Ghost
Patriot
Eagle

My question is, how can a player have truly productive field work without multiples of at least their key molds? I strongly believe most improvements come on the practice range, not on the course. Practice with mixed bag = mixed feedback = mixed results.

I'd say the same of not having multiples in your bag when playing casual rounds. There are so many times when there's room on the course where I will throw nearly every teeshot twice. Having a second of the mold you just threw is just so critically important for making casual rounds into practice sessions.

I carry multiples (a 3 disc mini-cycle) of my "Core Bag" discs: Escape, Warship and Warden.

My beat (2+ year old) Escape, Warship and Warden are my primary throwers. I also carry semi-beat (1+ year old) and fresh (<1 year old) versions with a "bench" of 2-3 deep in case of disc loss...

Multiples of the discs below

Envy
Pilot
Harp
Claymore
Verdict
Compass
teebird
Pipeline
PD
Mayhem
Defender
Shryke

I now have 4 PD's and have been really pleased and surprised how consistent they have been.

I have STACKS of the following;

RDG Scale: 32
RDG Serpent: 13
RDG Tyrant: 8
RDG Ptero: 6
RDG Gila: 7
RGD Croc: 4
DM FD: 11
DM PD: 13
MD MD3: 8
DM P2: 7
Prodigy D3: 5
Prodigy F2: 5
Prodigy F7: 4
Prodigy M1 (2013 mold): 9
Prodigy M4: 12
Westside Sampo (TC Elasto Metalflake only) 11

Those are the ones that I sought out because I love them. There are stacks and stacks of discs and I have multiples of just about everything, but the above list is those that I purchased with the intent of having plenty for either collection or just because I always want to have replacements handy.

I wont list everything, but the one's I own multiples of for good reason are:

--All my putters/approach putters - Serpent, Iridium, Daggers (formerly Pa3's and Pa4's)

-
Atom
Envy
Harp
-
Alias'ssss
-
Wrath's
-
Mayhem's

--

I have multiples of almost everything I own, but the main ones that I stock piled on are these above

I have STACKS of the following;

RDG Scale: 32
RDG Serpent: 13
RDG Tyrant: 8
RDG Ptero: 6
RDG Gila: 7
RGD Croc: 4
DM FD: 11
DM PD: 13
MD MD3: 8
DM P2: 7
Prodigy D3: 5
Prodigy F2: 5
Prodigy F7: 4
Prodigy M1 (2013 mold): 9
Prodigy M4: 12
Westside Sampo (TC Elasto Metalflake only) 11

Those are the ones that I sought out because I love them. There are stacks and stacks of discs and I have multiples of just about everything, but the above list is those that I purchased with the intent of having plenty for either collection or just because I always want to have replacements handy.

Oh god. You counted? I don't want to do that.

Oh god. You counted? I don't want to do that.

Most of my usables and collectors are all in boxes on my desk here at work or in my bags/cart in my car. Easy to count. The rest are all stacks in my garage from the last 14 years. TONS of duplicates with over 500 discs, but I only count the ones that are still of "value" to me.

Zone
Comet
Buzzz
Hornet
FD
Teebird
Undertaker
OLS
PD
Wraith

I have more Wraiths and Zones than anything. I bag 3 Wraiths, 2 PDs, 2 FDs and 2 Comets.

Latest posts