• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What discs would you take with to play a short course

ginshun

Par Member
So I have a local course that I play a lot that is very short - longest couple of holes are ~200ft. The course is mostly wooded and has holes with both hyzer and anhyzer lines.

I was just wondering what discs you guys would bring to play a course like this.

I know that everybody on the interweb throws their putters 300ft, so I assume everyone would just bring a putter. :p

Personally, I usually take a putter and then a some mid-range 4, 5 or 6 speed discs - at least one that I can turn each way. I just started playing this summer though, my outside range with pretty much any disc that is a 6 or 7 or faster is about 250 or 260 ft.

ION.

in fact I have a similar course I go to often that I do use that most of the time.

2 discs....putter and a seasoned midrange that you can throw flat, anny, and hyzer shots with.

Take your putter and 2 midranges. One overstable and the other under.

For me that would be a Wizard, Drone, and my Crystal Z Buzzz.

Little courses like that(under 4000') are perfect for taking the wife and kids too. They don't have alotta fun on 500' holes they have to throw 7 or 8 times on to finish, but they can and will make pars on those shorter holes. Enjoy.

I would probably bring my DX Eagle, my Buzz and a Wizard or Cheif. But probably just bring my whole bag cause then I wouldn't lose any discs.

My Pig and my Buzzz's go everywhere with me, and they would love that lil' squirt of a course.

I would probably bring my DX Eagle, my Buzz and a Wizard or Cheif. But probably just bring my whole bag cause then I wouldn't lose any discs.

True, when I don't have my bag I have left or lost discs. Plus I feel naked without it.

Biz
Team Bert

I'd bring a putter and midrange.

I have a course like that nearby called Wildwood, and I usually throw my putter at most holes, and my Buzz on all the other holes. Even from pro tees I think there's only one hole that I'd consider using my Stalker for.

Just pick discs you can work many lines with. Personally I go with a heavily beat up 178g Wizard and a 170 Z Glo Buzz.

Also on the shorter courses around here, there are often multiple paths to the basket. Keep your eyes open for those.

I'm suprised so many would take 2. Small yet tightly wooded courses are a lot of fun to take just your one putter and try to shape lines with it. A great way to really mesh with your putter to.

QMS and an Evo Magic.
Alternates, LE Comet and a Warlock.

I guess I'd have to see the course. If there were certain lines I'd have to hit like sharp hyzers or I wanted some skip shots, I may bring something a little beefier. Otherwise I'd just bring one of my Ions.

I know that everybody on the interweb throws their putters 300ft, so I assume everyone would just bring a putter. :p

I actually can throw a Pro Rhyno 300 ft. so I'd probably bring one of those and my kc aviar for actual putting duties.

I like these type of courses though, I don't always feel like playing giant courses.

Little courses like that(under 4000') are perfect for taking the wife and kids too. They don't have alotta fun on 500' holes they have to throw 7 or 8 times on to finish, but they can and will make pars on those shorter holes. Enjoy.

very true. I take my kids ( 3 and 8) to this course all the time. There is one really short hole that is about 90 ft and goes over a little gully that sometimes has water in it. It's like the ultimate in cool holes as far as my 8 year old daughter is concerned.

dx roc and ss wizard

maybe an x comet if i feel like hitting a lot of trees

both red, of course (color coordinated discs fly further)

I actually tried only using 2 discs yesterday on a shorter 9 holer and used my Z-Buzz and my Puttr'X. Worked out great and also, I think by practicing with these discs, I learned how to throw them a bit better.

Latest posts