• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do y'all think?

jakerh09

I live in ak and started really playin 6 months ago, im really hooked and have picked it up quickly. i got this template from another thread and would like to hear your guys' opinion. Thank you much
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 6 months
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, decent RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Wizard: 250'/300'; Buzzz: 300'/350'; wraith 380'/450'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: m
Injuries/handicaps?: rotator cuff
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, shotput, hockey
Additional Information:
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Carry alot of discs, have most of my go-tos but am still figiting
Specific areas of desired feedback: any overlap or redundancy in my bag (waste of space)
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in the short-term, and improve my overall score in the long run

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
170 star wraith (flippy) hyzer flip to flat/slighty turn
170 star wraith (stable) commit hyzer/flat
170 star boss (stable) big s turn bombs ~490-510'
170 star teerex (new) forehand/straight to dependable fade
175 star roadrunner (used) big annys/rollers/tunovers
175 12x champ eagle (used) dead straight tunnel
175 star firebird (flat) flicks, max OS
Mids:
177+ esp wasp (used) - main mid
178+ crystal Meteor (new) - stand still flat/ anny
177+ Crystal drone (new) wind/hyzers
178+ crystal buzzz (new) straight/ slight turn over

Putters:
175 SS Wizard, (worn) main putter
175 SS wizard (new) driving putter
178+ ESP Zone (beat) Hyzers/flicks/main approach disc
150 DX polecat (new) Straight tight approaches/Throw ins!!!

Looks like a decent set up in my opinion.
According to your list, there are only 15 discs total.

If you'd like more consistency, reduce the number of molds you carry initially. I think having too many discs in the bag early on really slowed down my development. Best to get really good throwing only a few discs. A lot of people get better scores when they switch to smaller bags. Food for thought, YMMV.

Overall you have a very good setup. I certainly don't see any holes in your bag.

There is some overlap though. Do you need a Drone and a Zone? Do you need all four mids or could you cut it down to 2 or 3? Quite a few drivers but they all seem to have some uniqueness. Could you drop the Teerex and have those shots covered by your stable Wraith and Firebird? Or just carry one Wraith?

Again, the bag looks good, just possible suggestions on where you could trim it down.

Yeah, I carry a zone an a drone cause zone are for shorter really spiky hyzers or if I new a good skip and I carry a drone for more longer hyzers, flat to fade in a wind and just cause it's got more glide. Idk I can't throw my firebird nearly as far as my teerex and and no matter how stable a wraith it gets flipped in our crazy wind up here. I've been experimenting with other disc lately, got a xcal and a champ destroyer I've been workin with.