• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you do here?

suprnva

Par Member
So today I head to my local course. I get there and a guy is at the first tee waiting to start. I ask if he has anyone to play with, he says no and we agree to play together. We get to the 3rd hole and I tell him about my first time at the course and losing a brand new Pro Beast on the hole. He starts laughing and asks if it was white. I said yes. He then tells me how he found it and proceeded to lose it on hole 7! The disc had my name and number on it which you couldn't miss yet he still kept it, lost it and then laughed to me about it!!! I was speechless. What would some of you have done/said in this situation?

"A call would have been nice" then you proceed to take a disc out of his bag and toss it in the water :) Just kidding.

That probably happens somewhat often..I played with a guy yesterday who acknowledged cleaning off ink and keeping discs he finds. Him and his roommate have like 400 discs. Well, I found his star destroyer this morning...

yeah I called him.

If it had a name and number on it, I would've called. If it was a disc that I hadn't used before, I might give in to the temptation of playing a couple of holes with it before I see you to give it to you.

That probably happens somewhat often..I played with a guy yesterday who acknowledged cleaning off ink and keeping discs he finds. Him and his roommate have like 400 discs. Well, I found his star destroyer this morning...

yeah I called him.

this is the douche that NOONE should play with..what a total scumbag..

I think I might have asked him if he saw the name and number on the back. If he says yes that it is time to just start the round over alone (after a few choice curse words).

I don't see how people can throw other peoples. I think I would feel dirty throwing someone elses disc. I have actually never called anyone for a lost disc because it always seems that I find the DX disc with no writing on them. And when there is a name I always know the person so I either give it to them next time I see them or throw it in front of them and see if they notice :).
And since I honestly don't want the DX disc I find I will normally just leave them somewhere visible for someone else to find, not to mention they are normally dirty and I don't want them in my bag.

I have had people tell me that before. Kinda sucks but if I gave up looking for it I can't get too bent out of shape.
My home course has a couple of creek crossings, one with a 10 ft. wide doorway to shoot through about 20 ft. from the pad and the basket sits on top of a slope, so you can make it across get a bad bounce and roll backwards into the creek. I used to throw old junkers on that hole and wind up losing one or two discs a month there. At one time there were a ton of discs floating around with my info on them! I call it a greens fee.

You really can't do much unfortunately. Some people just do't get the call the number on the back thing. Hopefully when someone finds it on hole 7 they have a conscious to call you.

I have learned that you are going to loose discs playing this game, even if you are one of those people who never gives up looking for a disc. Don't get upset at someone else who finds and looses discs of yours.

Hmm A beast? Still say the are cursed.

Anyway, I dont know that I would be upset. I mean, was he saying he lost it while he was out the same time he found it?

How did you lose it? How much time did you spend looking for it?

It went in the water. I went right in after it when it went in but it was pretty muddy that day and after about 1/2 hour of searching with my feet I gave up. lol. He said the day he found it he could see it pretty clear and fished it out with a long branch.

He didn't say if he lost it the same day he found it or not.

i find discs and sometimes I play a hole or two with them just to see what they are like, its a great oppurtunity to try something new... I had a simular experience I found a destroyer on one hole, then used it to drive on the next hole where i promptly lost it, not more then a minute later some dude comes walking down the path and asked if we had seen a destroyer he lost the night before, I said yeah but i just lost it somewhere around here, we searched for alittle bit then found it in a tree! he was happy that he got his disc back and i know now i never want to throw a destroyer....

Sometimes I will throw a disc with ink a little for the rest of the round (sort of like a finder's fee- I get to throw your disc a few times), especially if I don't have my phone on me, and if I lost it I wouldn't feel too bad. But it sounds like this guy had not intention of returning it to you, so you should have explained karma too him and told him to go eat elf balls.

I would've said something about the fact that your number was on the back and that a call would've been nice. I would've been calm about the situation, but I would've let him know my opinion. It could be the moment that changes how he handles the situation next time.

I would have asked him why didn't he call the number on the the back.

Two results:

A) He get's embarrassed and maybe will do the right thing next time.
B) He will make some excuse or confirm without a doubt that he's a jerk.

Either way, round is over. I'd walk away and say "Thanks, but I think I'll enjoy playing alone more today".

Here is something that happened to me on Saturday. I was with some new players, and I was talking about throwing a Thumber. They guy wanted to see one thrown, so I took my DX Wraith, that is inked to hell and back. I threw it for fun, and then took my real shot. Since I normally don't throw two discs on a hole, I for got about my first throw.

On the next hole I was taking inventory of my bag, and noticed the Wraith was gone. I walked back to towards the last hole and noticed a guy with my disc in his hand. I then saw him throwing it into a tree to get down his stuck disc. As I approached, he said "Oh, you must be looking for this, and threw my disc in my direction. I kind of gave him a look, and then decided he wasn't worth my time. I don't think he was too bright, because he was throwing his bag up in the tree to get down his disc.

I walked up with my baseball, and told him I got this, and with one throw, I knocked his disc out of the tree. He was amazed and said "Wow, good throw". I just picked up my baseball and walked to the next tee. I was still amazed, because if I find a inked disc, the first thing I do is call the number. This guy seemed like a newbie from what I could see.

I'd have laughed and moved on. He found a disc, threw it a couple times, and lost it. No biggie. It'd have been cool if he didn't and got back to you, but whatever. Your life is no worse or better than before hearing the story.