• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What do you guys think is the best discs for hyzerflipping?

Out of the box, Legacy Bandit

Everything else i prefer beating OS stuff into flippy like Ghosts, Outlaws and Rivals

Yeti aviar, Comet, beat viper, beat teebird, cd craze, f3, wraith, are all great

My hands down favorite is the Truth.

I like the Seer for low power flip to flat for really precise gaps and tunnels.

I've been using a GBO glow Freedom for 350+ hyzer flips and open max distance. Getting 380-400 without giving it everything.

I carry a Gold Bolt for flip duty, but some of my all time favorite flip discs include the Tern, King, Havoc, Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Orion LS (the first runs were spastically flippy thanks to a molding error that caused the lip to mold up totally flat, i believe they were recalled), Polaris LS, Leopard, Undertow, Xpress, Stingray, Glide, Stratus, Eclipse, Cobra, Element, and #1 Driver, but to me there is nothing more joyous to flip than my 8 year old Star Aviar.

Right now my favorite is the Patriot. My Excel will flip from a hyzer release all the way over to the right. My Pinnacle will flip to flat, and then finish slightly left.

Best hyzerflip disc: Halex Midrange, 160 grams. If you throw it with some oomph, it will do two or more barrel rolls before careening uselessly into the ground.

My favorite is DX Gazelle, the thing is a lazer beam!

Oh in that case, the summit is a good hyzer flip disc. You cn put it on a small hyzer and it will straighten out and go dead straight for 100-150 ft

Oh in that case, the summit is a good hyzer flip disc. You cn put it on a small hyzer and it will straighten out and go dead straight for 100-150 ft

thats more of a discription of a stable or straight disc.

think of something like a Legacy Diamond or a beat in Leopard. Where you can release the disc on a near 45º hyzer angle follow through on the same hyzer plane and it will start its flight at that 40º-ish angle for 1/3rd of the flight then flip up to flat half way to the target and continue within that small window and maybe turn a little more before gently and gradually fading back towards the straight line of throw.

the local pros here taught me its all about follow throw with these types of discs. keep true to the hyzer angle with the follow through and the direction of an understable disc like the comet/leopard will stay on line (but the hyzer flip flight path itself is just a condensed S-Curve/helix flight path). Hyzer angle then follow through flat and your disc will flip up and even fade right (RHBH) - a great way to execute those turnover shots in low ceilings in lieu of not using a sidearm throw (you'll see Nate Doss, Nikko, and Feldburg do these shots often when guys like wysoki, barsby, rico, sexton will just do a sidearm).

Latest posts