• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you throw over the water?

What do you throw over the water?

• Crappy plastic I can easily replace

Votes: 69 45.4%
  • A floater

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • My best disc. I've got this one covered.

Votes: 72 47.4%

• Total voters

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
As in, do you throw something you don't mind losing, or do you man up and throw your best disc because you know you will clear it?

I will admit to not possessing the juevos to throw my best disc, because I am never quite sure I am going to nail it. Getting there...

If I know I can clear it, I throw normally. However if it's risky, lightning discs make some surprisingly good discs almost all of which float. I throw one of them, usually the #3 driver...that thing goes for miles

I throw whatever I want, sometimes I am happy with that decision, other times...not so much.

The first choice, that or found, unmarked plastic works too :hfive:

I've got an SOLS I throw on the one water hole at my home course. I really like the disc but I'd rather it go swimming than one of my PDs or Rivers

edit= I didn't vote because it doesn't float, isn't my favorite, & it's far from crappy!

For the most part, I just throw whatever I would throw if it wasn't a water shot, I'm most confident of hitting the line with a disc I know. I don't throw anything that's not pretty easily replaced anyway.

Combination. I'll throw something cheaper, but I also usually use more disc (i.e. a Destroyer flick where I could get away with a Whippet flick). Extreme example, but I'd rather get over and be a bit less accurate than try to finesse it and end up shy.

I took three trash discs to Flyboy and threw them all in the lakes there (was able to recover one). After that I bought a Dragon and a Hydra. When throwing a floater, I am a lot more relaxed and focused on making the shot, as opposed on not throwing it in the water.

I have a dark purple champion monarch that's hard to find cause of the color so I use it cause I rarely use it in woods cause its difficult to locate.

I don't necessarily throw crappy plastic, but I'll only throw discs that can be easily replaced.

If I know the course whatever I normally would throw, but if its a new course something I don't mind loosing.

Typically my best disc for the shot, with a few exceptions. I won't throw my putting putter over water, or my seasoned for years 1.1 FR QOLF, but everything else in my bag is fair game. Generally if I do land in the water it's somewhere where I can retrieve it.

I feel a lot more confident throwing a disc I know.

Generally something stable so that it will hopefully fade back to the fairway

I have backups in the bag for all discs, i also have backups for the backups. I however try not to throw $25 and up at rivers or lakes/ponds.