• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you use for Glow rounds

My fishing friend actually uses these tiny glow sticks, found at bass pro shops or other outdoor stores used for putting on your bobbers for night fishing. They are small as to not give too much weight to your discs so you can put one on each side of your disc.
I went ahead and purchased a Glow Stalker however to make it a lot easier to see.

LEDs and a bright flashlight for putting. If I play with glow discs I don't normally use I throw all kinds of funky

I 've got a bunch of mini glow sticks, about 1 1/4 inch long, 1/8 wide and less than a 1/4 oz. Use clear packing tape and put them on top and/or bottom of white or champion discs.

why can't you use glow discs?

and flashlights for putting is cheating.

Low Glow

why can't you use glow discs?

Glow discs dont really glow that bright & the glow goes away pretty quickly. This makes them difficult to find in the dark. The LED's or mini-glow sticks really shine bright & make losing the disc very difficult even if it's pitch black out!

I've yet to lose a glow disc because I couldn't find it and I play glow once a twice or week. they are harder to see than if you stick a little light on there but i like the purity of glow. there's no added weight and i don't have to tape/drill anything to my disc.

plus if you're not using high powered UV lamps you're not doing it right. a lot of people are out there with regular flashlights which is not getting enough energy in to the disc and also causing them to have terrible night vision.

i bought mine off ebay from china. you want one with a low wavelength in the 365-370nm area. other than that look for how many LEDs are in the flashlight. to get a good one you'll probably be spending around anywhere from 50-100. you can get them for around 20 but those aren't that bright.

I use glow discs, same ones that hold a spot in my regular bag. I've never list a glow disc and never been in a group where one was lost either.
I have however heard that sweet sound of the tape ripping off upon tree impact and seen the glow stick/ led go flying in the opposite direction of the disc :p
I don't understand people that can't see glow discs or say they won't hold a charge long enough, we glow year round and with our $14 UV flashlights have no problems.