• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do you use for night disc golf

How do you night disc?

• LEDs

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • Glow Discs

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Glow sticks taped to your disc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters

bobmcnelly

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
No real story or anything. Just curious what you guys use for night golf?

I voted Glow discs but I also sometimes use leds or glow sticks taped to the disc.

Gonna try some of that uv tape as soon as I can.

3 of the 4 options are applicable for me, but I can't pick multi-options in the poll.

Red LED stuck to a pancake battery stuck to the underside of a champion disc with packing tape. Nothing fancy. Maintains your night vision. Lasts for weeks.

i use glow in the dark duct tape on my glow discs. because my glow discs dont hold a charge worth ****. and the tape actually does

after an extensive search, I've been able to duplicate my day bag.

This is my ultimate goal, but I am not good enough to commit to certain discs in my day bag let alone double all of them in more expensive glow plastic. Right now I am just buying my favorite daytime discs in glow plastic.

I usually use a combination of glow discs and LEDs with nothing on my putting putter. I am really interested in the glow tape though.

i am a minimalist when i use my glow "bag"

i actually dont even use a bag. i just bring out a fairway, mid and putter. usually only score a few strokes above what i usually do.

my buddy has a good strategy, he uses a putter, zombie for a nice tweener of mid and fairway, and a distance driver. i might start to use that but i do not play too many night rounds

i use glow in the dark duct tape on my glow discs. because my glow discs dont hold a charge worth ****. and the tape actually does

Just stick to Gateway and Vibram. They absolutely destroy the others in terms of brightness and length of glow. I kid you not, in complete darkness a vibram glow disc will glow for 5+ hours. Findable on even a bright night for the entire length of a round (but I carry a UV flashlight and charge regularly anyway).

I have tried them all. Glow-disc plastic looses its glow very quickly and nothing added to the disc but requires flashlight/UVlight accessory. The LED tube or ant-bait looking LED ones are ok, but I have found a few discs with those on em, indicating that they are not always easy to find if the light is pointing the wrong way, the battery loses connection, or the unit falls off. Frustrated with searching for glow discs almost every time we play a night round I got my tools out. I have settled on drilling small holes perfectly centered across the inside rim of the disc that are just big enough for a glow stick to fit into. What I have found is the glow sticks fit perfectly across, they are extremely tight (haven't had one fall out yet), and the discs (use a candy or translucent/clear disc) are impossible to lose. The flight characteristics of the discs change very little and the few extra grams of weight is not enough to make a noticeable difference in the throws.

So yep, I have some discs with a couple little holes in the inside rim (BLASPHEMY!). I don't lose them and they last all night. You can use a 6" to go straight across or sometimes I get those little 1.5" sticks and then I jam one in each side to balance (and the little ones barely change the weight). Either way, this is the best night solution I have ever played.

If you're not good with tools and you really need a disc like this PM me and we can work something out.

I usually use a combination of glow discs and LEDs with nothing on my putting putter.

This is me, basically. Sometimes I'll throw an approach shot with a mid that's glow, but not LED'd.

In particular, for LED's
http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=660
and for a black light
http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Ultraviolet-LED-flashlight-7202UV395/dp/B001Q70A0G

They've served me pretty well.

I do sometimes hunt for my putter - DX Aviar. Orange is a bit easier than red (responds better to the black light). I did recently pick up a glow putter, but the closest I could get was Big Bead, so I'm still undecided about what I'll use for my next glow round.

Just stick to Gateway and Vibram. They absolutely destroy the others in terms of brightness and length of glow. I kid you not, in complete darkness a vibram glow disc will glow for 5+ hours. Findable on even a bright night for the entire length of a round (but I carry a UV flashlight and charge regularly anyway).

i might have to pick up a some neutral discs by them then. i did like the sole as a putter

I use the glow in the dark duct tape from wal mart and a uv light. It's worked pretty well. Lasts about as long as a glow disc.

Latest posts