• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What does Disc Golf need?

Played a Prodigy sponsored small C-tier tournament this past weekend. We had 6 ladies :hfive: My wife was there. You can help in this... just have your lady come out to leagues... and then eventually have them play tournaments.

My lady fell off a tee pad while pregnant. Its tough to get her to play anymore.

patience, some more patience, and for Elon Musk to get on board.

DG on the moon!

I am not convinced the game needs anything. The primary thing I would like to see is far more pay to play courses, with significant fees and upkeep to quality courses across the country.

From a "grow the sport" perspective.....spectators.

I am interested in pay-to-play courses that are well kept and have interesting designs. It's not always fun to have to play right next to a crowded baseball complex or a busy playground.

It's really simple. We need more full time players. We only have like 15-20 full time players which limits the competition for the top spots. Just imagine if your local pros could play full time and disc golf for a living. We all know some really talented people that are only weekend warriors.

If people are building courses and not allowing people to play them other than their immediate friends, I respect that, but they don't really exist for all practical purposes. There's always going to be that kind of thing going on. It's their land, their decision. This is 'merica.

I'm hoping that the model will be along the lines of what the fine gentlemen at Stoney Hill are doing. I got to play with David, and I could tell that he was really proud of what he and his brother had built, and was happy to show it off. He seemed like a proud "papa" to me. Those are the type of people we need more of. Many more would be great.

Yeah, I agree that people can do what they wish on private land. What I have an issue with is when people hold tournaments on private courses and give preferential treatment to their friends.

Womens College World Series has Curt Schilling announcing. Saying stuff like "What's a rise-ball" and "I couldn't hit any of these pitches" and "I love the pace of this game" like he's never seen a game before. He coaches softball and had a daughter going D1 in softball. He knows the game. But softball knows their fan base, and potential fan base (baseball fans). They know that having someone like Curt will draw those fans.

How about having a retired/masters age golfer announce some of our tourney rounds?

If a disc golfer could just become a self made billionaire then there'd be no stopping it! I don't have faith in you guys so I may try.

Womens College World Series has Curt Schilling announcing. Saying stuff like "What's a rise-ball" and "I couldn't hit any of these pitches" and "I love the pace of this game" like he's never seen a game before. He coaches softball and had a daughter going D1 in softball. He knows the game. But softball knows their fan base, and potential fan base (baseball fans). They know that having someone like Curt will draw those fans.

How about having a retired/masters age golfer announce some of our tourney rounds?
That's funny.

Yeah, all we need for the sport to grow are better TV announcers. :p

Wait...are you serious? :wall:

A disc that flies like a midrange that won't hurt cars, people or dogs so you can practice/play in congested areas.

Beer cart babes. (<-- I know I said that, but it needs repeating.)

Backhoes, skid loaders, dump trucks, boom lifts and chainsaws.

Full time course maintenance workers, air-conditioned/heated clubhouse-restaurants, all government-funded.

:)

Disc golf needs players who don't need to carpool to tournaments, don't leave empty Monster energy drink cans all over the courses, don't take a smoke break every few holes, don't call themselves "pros" just because they play in the open division, aren't so insecure that they can't bring themselves to call golf "golf," won't cheat, won't tolerate cheating and can afford and don't gripe about paying a modest fee to play a round at a decent course.

Latest posts