• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what ever happened to gohamdiscgolf?

jermlac

Bogey Member
I think a lot of us keep up with different youtube channels as well as online blogs that follow disc golf news and offer disc golf reviews.

So what happened to gohamdiscgolf? It seems like BigJohn was really moving along and doing a lot of giveaways and reviews then just disappeared.

I think a lot of us are wondering. They seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. Anyone from Michigan know them personally?

I was wondering this too. Really enjoyed their videos. Big John and Junior seemed to be headed in the right direction and fast then just disappeared. I also noticed that the message boards were no longer up (hasn't shown up when I google search for them). Hope all is well.

Except all of the discs he gave away he got for free.

Not initially. I believe in the beginning he bought all his own stuff out of pocket. By the end I know that manufacturers and retailers were sending him stuff, so financials shouldn't have been an issue by that point.

Maybe he had some health or other family issue come up?

Loved the disc dying videos. I never really thought the name would last though bc "going ham" seemed like a trend ala "yolo"..

Hope these guys are still around though. Anyone out doing good things for dg deserve to last. In4 results.

Not initially. I believe in the beginning he bought all his own stuff out of pocket. By the end I know that manufacturers and retailers were sending him stuff, so financials shouldn't have been an issue by that point.

Maybe he had some health or other family issue come up?

Yeah, but even if people (myself included) sent him things to review/give away instead of buying it himself, he still has to pay postage to ship it somewhere else, and that can add up.

I was wondering this too. Really enjoyed their videos. Big John and Junior seemed to be headed in the right direction and fast then just disappeared. I also noticed that the message boards were no longer up (hasn't shown up when I google search for them). Hope all is well.

They are still out there, but he has not signed in since early Spring.

Yeah, but even if people (myself included) sent him things to review/give away instead of buying it himself, he still has to pay postage to ship it somewhere else, and that can add up.

But at the same time, he had advertisements on his videos and that can bring in some cash flow as well, and instead of going offline, he could have just held off on new giveaways as well. Who knows if cash flow was the only reason he went offline.

I certainly hope nothing happened to him or Junior, but it is odd that he just disappeared one day.

I loved their videos and looked for some news on them....couldn`t find anything...weird stuff imo.

Not pointing any fingers, because I cannot know for sure, but I ordered three custom dyed discs from them, and it took forever to get them done, and then they told me they'd mailed the package. But I never ever received that package.. also they answered my inquiries very poorly, considering I had paid the discs, the dye and the postage in advance.

Just wanted to put that out there. Could've had something to do with whatever the reason is they have disappeared and their FB-page has been removed.

I was never a fan... MikeC does a better job showing how discs fly and all.

This is a reply to an e-mail I sent to discgolfcenter to inquire if they knew anything since they seemed to be a sponsor in the last month or so.

Ronald,
I wish I knew. Unfortunately, GoHamDiscGolf severed their relationship with us suddenly, just before they stopped posting any material to their channel. The last thing they posted was from a different sponsor so I thought they were going in a different direction, or had found a sponsor they liked better.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Thank you,

Just thought I would share.

Thanks
Ronald

Loved the disc dying videos. I never really thought the name would last though bc "going ham" seemed like a trend ala "yolo"..

Hope these guys are still around though. Anyone out doing good things for dg deserve to last. In4 results.

Does "going ham" mean something? I was pretty late on the YOLO train.

Latest posts