• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What fairway driver would you use in a one disc round?

C-line FD

Played a full round with my FD only this past weekend when i was out teaching some family how to play. Surprisingly very consistent disc to putt with :)

I would imagine the D-line FD's may be easier to control for putting or upshots but have yet to test one out.

M-PLS
9k=

Teebird is the obvious choice, but the Zombee has been getting a lot of work lately. I could definitely play a round with my Big Z Zombee.

Depends on the course

Shorter (mostly 300' and under holes) I'd use a wizard, I may not park 300' holes with it but I can sure as hell putt better then with a fairway.

Longer (300+ average) probably a Brinster Teebird, I can use this to flick, thumber, BH and just try to park everything so I don't have to putt.

Teebird being the obvious pick, it's the MJ of fairways. it's more "driver" like than say the Leopard, which is more of a true fairway driver in my opinion. Towards the other end of the speed spectrum I'd say that the Comet makes a a great disc for such an activity such as a one disc round. I just returned from Phoenix and the obligatory visit to Spinners', and I am amazed at the selection afforded to us. So many choices. My latest crush is on Prodigy's F5. As long as a driver but with the flight pattern of a putter.

Depends on the course

Shorter (mostly 300' and under holes) I'd use a wizard, I may not park 300' holes with it but I can sure as hell putt better then with a fairway.

Longer (300+ average) probably a Brinster Teebird, I can use this to flick, thumber, BH and just try to park everything so I don't have to putt.

^^I'd agree most w this, but the OP did ask for a FW Driver... I use a glidey putter a lot on the FW though.

Played a round on a short course today with just a Witness and an Envy. I wouldn't otherwise have been throwing the Witness FH, but it worked really well. (Disclaimer: my FH sucks.)

Latest posts