• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What happened to Salomons?

In fact I have them on right now.

6bdc57cd.jpg

As someone who also owns a pair of Inov-8's I would also recommend them. They're probably not for everyone because of how thin the soles are but they fit well and feel like they're well made.

So, Salomon just got more points in my book. I submitted my warranty exchange on Friday around noon. FedEx just dropped off my replacement shoes at 7:30 this morning. Now that is how customer service should be done.

how long did you have the shoes blurr and what was wrong with em? i have had mine for a year, the soles are separating and i dont have my receipt. so idk if i can do a claim or not

I had them for about 2 years. The sole separated from the toe piece so they were no longer waterproof. I called in and told them I had my receipt and she started the warranty process. I had to send in my old ones. If you call in and they ask about a receipt...I would recommend saying you have one :wink: Make sure you know the exact model of your shoe too. It also helps if you look up an equivalent replacement before hand as well. It made my transaction really easy.

Jeronimo said:
As someone who also owns a pair of Inov-8's I would also recommend them. They're probably not for everyone because of how thin the soles are but they fit well and feel like they're well made.

The thinness of the soles have not been an issue for me, and I am by no means a small guy (6'1", 210lbs). Even on long runs like 7-10 miles I have no had a problem with any joints hurting or foot pain. They seem to have just the right amount under there!

The thought occurs to me that if we start a wave of people buying Salomon's and returning them after they wear out, Salomon may quickly reverse that policy. Personally I wouldn't return them unless they had failed in something ridiculous like 3 months give or take. If they last me a full season, I wouldn't attempt a return.

I hate to be "that guy" but abuse of policies like this is generally what gets them taken away...

well i got my pair less than a year ago and the soles split from the rest of the shoe. I dont have my receipt any longer but did order a new pair so i guess this time ill hang on the the receipt.

Jeronimo said:
The thought occurs to me that if we start a wave of people buying Salomon's and returning them after they wear out, Salomon may quickly reverse that policy. Personally I wouldn't return them unless they had failed in something ridiculous like 3 months give or take. If they last me a full season, I wouldn't attempt a return.

I hate to be "that guy" but abuse of policies like this is generally what gets them taken away...

I don't disagree with the principal of what you are saying. You can't expect to run the hell out of a pair of shoes for 2 years and get a full exchange. But there are extenuating circumstances that I think should be taken into consideration.

So here is my stance on this. If I spend $130 on a pair of shoes that get used about 4-8 times a month, through a 4 month period(December-March) over a two year period...I would expect them to not fall apart(usually worn for shoveling snow and the occasional winter dg round). I mean even on the high side you are looking at 64 times of being worn in a two year period. I mean, I have other shoes that get that much wear and tear in a month during the summer time and don't rip out. I think in this particular instance a warranty claim should be allowed.

BLURR said:
Jeronimo said:

I don't disagree with the principal of what you are saying. You can't expect to run the hell out of a pair of shoes for 2 years and get a full exchange. But there are extenuating circumstances that I think should be taken into consideration.

So here is my stance on this. If I spend $130 on a pair of shoes that get used about 4-8 times a month, through a 4 month period(December-March) over a two year period...I would expect them to not fall apart(usually worn for shoveling snow and the occasional winter dg round). I mean even on the high side you are looking at 64 times of being worn in a two year period. I mean, I have other shoes that get that much wear and tear in a month during the summer time and don't rip out. I think in this particular instance a warranty claim should be allowed.

Yes, in that case you are absolutely correct. If you spend $130 you should absolutely get $130 worth of performance out of them.

Jeronimo said:

Are those made for fat footed people then? They look nice, but I have pretty thin feet so shoes for fatty fat fattie feet are not for me.

turso said:
Jeronimo said:

Are those made for fat footed people then? They look nice, but I have pretty thin feet so shoes for fatty fat fattie feet are not for me.

Not at all, I had to go up a size in order to get a pair that fit me well. If I had a more narrow foot I would bet I could have squeezed into a full size smaller. They appear to be very anatomically designed.

They look pretty nifty, gotta get a pair when I wear my current shoes out. What models do you guys have and/or would recommend?

turso said:
They look pretty nifty, gotta get a pair when I wear my current shoes out. What models do you guys have and/or would recommend?

Turso, Mudroc-280 won a couple of trailrunning tests last autumn and if you are going to find some models in finnish stores, it'll be this one.

Sry guys, you're not going to understand this review :)
http://www.juoksija-lehti.fi/Default.aspx?tabid=3006

E: äh, that link will take you somewhere near anyway..

+ ON Topic.
I've been using Salomons pretty much all my disc golf "career", XA Pro 3d Ultras, with and without Goretex and also the Gtx Mid-version.
I know that they are going to start to leak in some time and yes the soles will fall off, but I really like the fit and their structure is pretty much perfect for golf, stiffish low profile sole and stiff, tight fitting heelcup. And you don't have know how to tie the laces.
I'm getting Speedcross 2 Gore's to test in few days though. And Salomon also has new line, XR Crossmax, out. They are more like your regular running shoe, with grippy off-road sole.

FWIW, I have purchased several pairs of XT Wings over the last few years. Mostly because they are the most comfortable distance hiking shoe I have ever worn. I have yet to find their equal. There are not many shoes that I can walk all day in rocky and uneven terrain for days at a time and never get any soreness or blisters or foot fatigue at all. I'm not a Salomon fanboy and I don't have any allegiance to any particular shoe brand. The XT Wings are just that good. I found their durability about average, and I once had to return a pair twice because of the sole delaminating almost immediately, but for putting on heavy mileage they have what it takes.

I've never had any Salomons but have always heard good things about them. I am in the market for a decent lightweight hiking shoe and might look into them. I've noticed Shoe Mall has quite a bit of Salomons. But I do have wide feet, so it sounds like Salomons are kind of tight for people with wide feet.

I finally blew out the laces on my last pair of original XT Wings. The eyes on the lower part of the shoe have torn away as well.

Does anyone own a pair of XT Wings 2? I was wondering if the lowest eyes are all fabric or if they're re-enforced. I am waiting until June for the XT Wings 3's to come out but I may be able to buy a nice pair of used XT Wings 2's. I don't seem to find any other shoes under $50 that I would buy to replace them for now and I can get the used ones for that much.