• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What helped lower your score the most?

A good assessment of my abilities has probably kept strokes from being added more than anything.

Exactly correct.

When a player starts trying shots with lower probabilities of success, based on the limits of that player's ability, the OB strokes multiply, the shots pile up and the scores hemorrhage. Like going on tilt.

Practice well. Then during tournaments, stick to shots you know you can make, pick your spots to be aggressive and watch your results and ratings tick up.

A good assessment of my abilities has probably kept strokes from being added more than anything.

Yup.

When expressing a desire to improve their tournament results, players always seem to focus only on turning their 3's into 2's while ignoring how they can turn their 6's into 5's, 5's into 4's and so on. Turning a 5 into a 4 helps your score just as much as turning a 3 into a 2.

Practicing putting is crucial, but making a putt at or beyond the edge of your range accomplishes the same thing as not throwing a drive OB.

Eliminating mistakes in one's round is lower hanging fruit than extending your putting range 10 feet longer. Extending your putting range from 20 to 30 feet is a good thing but will take a long time and tons of reps to accomplish. Refraining from attempts to, for example, clear a lake you know you can't clear doesn't take any time or reps to accomplish.

I must say that field throwing to learn what my discs do as well as taking advice of the course pro. I'm still in the mentality of if I can get my drive close I don't have to putt or if my approach can get within 15 ft I'm pretty much in.
Anhyzer BHs and FHs helped shave about 5 strokes of my score immediately.
Yes I know that it has been mentioned so many times but even a little putting practice has increased my confidence range by 5 ft as well as the switch from spin to push putting.

Lead card for the final round @ Euro Masters

2016_07_24_20_41_12.png

Putting % inside 10m

Practice putting

Putting. So much putting. When you're not worried about a 20' comeback putt, you'll be amazed at how many 40-50' putts you make.

Also, more hyzer. Since I've learned to trust the hyzer shot, my scores have gone from Rec level to low Advanced level. If I could throw Teebird hyzers and putt, I'd be tough to beat. Like was said earlier, straight shots looks awesome, but hyzers score better. Not just drives, either. If I can throw a Zone hyzer on an approach shot, I'm going to do it. So money.

For real^ hyzer shots are so boring but the more power you get it still makes sense. I mean its fun to throw mids/putters etc straight but worthless with any wind and just so much less predictable.

Sticking putts makes such a difference too. If you arent scared it is easy to go hard at the basket but that takes a lot of time...#giveitachance!