• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is in kpc's bag you ask? well take a look

kpc2004

Double Eagle Member
[long azz post]

im bored and have nothing to do so ill share whats in my bag at the moment...keep in mind with my descriptions that i throw RHBH

bag.jpg

bag: innova competition red/gray with black phoenix quads

right section in pic:
172g orange 11x kc pro teebird: this is my main shorter driver. it is pretty predictable so it is $$$$
170g ice champ 2nd run katana: long anny shots or any long drive that i need to travel to the right
173g green first run esp nuke: long hyzer bombs...i usually use this only if i have plenty of space
172g yellow first run star xcal: i use this for medium distance hyzer drives, or for a drive i need to skip big around some trees or something
172g red CE firebird-x: i have this thing beat in perfectly to where i can control it pretty darn well. i use it for medium distance drives when i need it to go straight with a strong left finish.
174g orange echo star boss: this is my main distance driver, it goes straighter than my nuke and i can control it better
173g tyedye z stalker: i use this for shorter drives or fairway shots that i dont feel comfortable using a putter.

middle section in pic:
old school walkman and 2 portable speakers: i like to jam a little while i play

left section in pic:
170g yellow pre-barry pearly kinda gummy leopard: this also used to be one of my go-to discs but it hardly comes out anymore do to the stalker doing a better job for me.
172g super dooper pearly champ orc: used to be my go-to all around driver until my sisters dog got to it. i kinda fixed it with a lighter but i havent really given it a try since then.
170g yellow nate doss surge: i occasionally use this for shorter drives. doesnt come out too much anymore because there are too many discs in my bag that do a better job, but its my first ace disc so i keep it around until i need the room for something better.
175g tyedye champ valkyrie: first disc i ever owned so i keep her in the bag. used to be my main driver but now it has become my roller.
172g blue star wraith: i recently found this one and am messing around with it to decide if i like it or not. used to throw wraiths all the time so i figured i would give it a try again.
172g black esp impact: I prefer this over the buzzz because it is smaller diameter and i can just grip the thing better. it is also very predictable for 150ft or less shots.
175g purple/blue/white lightning #2 upshot: this is my backup putter. many people hate on lightning but this thing is $$$$ fo sho.

putter pocket:
175g old school chains avair: feels/looks beadless to me but i was told on the boards here that it was sb and must have worn off. idunno, allz i knowz iz i love that mofo

potential future additions:
-another pearly orc (thanks AP)
-trying to get a CE eagle or kc pro eagle over 168g- never thrown an eagle before so i wanna give it a try, and lookin for a CE or KC cause if you are gonna do it, do it big, right? lol
-i want to try some lat64 stuff in the near future. i have never thrown anything by this company so i just wanna experiment a little and see what they are all about
-i recently lost my destroyer and i want to add another but the one i lost was the only one i have ever liked, and ive owned over 10 so it may take a while to get one i like again.
-i need to work mid(s) into my game. not sure on which one would work best for me

notes:
i am aware that there is a ton of overlapping in my bag, but each disc has its own purpose for me and i use what i feel comfortable with. just from reading what i wrote down, i realize that i should probably just drop the nuke. the reason i keep the cd player in there is because i sold off a TON of discs when i stopped playing after my knee injury, and that included some out of my bag. once i get a nice arsenal built up again im sure the cd player will make its way out of the bag. dont have an ipod bc it was stolen, but feel free to make jokes on the old school walkman anyways...

if/when i take out the cd player i have room for 7 more discs. the orc that is coming will be one but i have 6 spots open for stuff to either try out or fill in a blank spot (7 if i drop the nuke). any suggestions for what i should get to complete my bag? thanks ahead of time. also, feel free to criticize it. in all seriousness i want to know what you all think, i may not agree but i wouldn't mind hearing an honest opinion.

[/long azz post]

F'n A dude, where are your mids? That's a crap load of drivers and it's a complete insult to mold minimalism. I would drop the Xcal for another flat top FB (11x if you can find one) and drop anything you don't hardly throw.

More mids, more putters, more discs that aren't ungodly fast.

ive never really thrown mids because i dont like their larger diameter and use a putter or stalker instead of a mid. i would like to give them a try again but i don't know what mid to try.

Damn. Impacts can go a hell of a lot further than 150' and that is a lot of distance drivers. How far are you throwing them btw? There's no way you're relying on all those molds to get you through 18 holes of golf.

before i stopped playing for 6 months i used to throw them farther than i do now, but then again the course i played a lot back then was flat and not too many trees so you could just bomb shots all day. lately i have been getting the boss out to about 375-400. i havent been throwing the nuke as well, im pretty sure it will be removed from my bag. i've gotten the katana out 400+ before (pre-injury) but lately i havent really tried to bomb it, mostly just anny shots. i use the xcal like it is a fairway drivers cause its stupid overstable and i can make it hook really well when thrown at about 50-60% power, so im not sure how far i can really throw that one. i know that isnt what it was designed for but it works for me so thats why i rock it. i use it for one hole only at the course i play most of the time and it is only 264ft and i intentionally throw it into the ground for a hugh left skip around trees to the basket (hole 6 @ windwood church dgc). the firebird i use for a 329ft kinda-tunnel shot that ends with the basket on the left and i hit chains on that bad boy today (so close lol hole 10 @ windwood). i know the impact can go farther but i prefer throwing the stalker for shots like those. stalker is usually for drives around 200-250 or fairway shots from 150-250. i throw my putter for shots 100 and in, impact for 100-150, like i said the stalker or leopard for 100-250, and the various drivers for longer shots depending on what the situation is. gets me through 18 holes quite easily. i need to get a mid. lately ive been driving a 213ft hole with my putter and doing pretty well with it, actually over shot it today (hole 5 windwood). i also use the stalker on that hole sometimes, just whatever im feeling at that time. i throw the teebird on a 287 foot hole and a 338 foot hole and havent had any trouble there. those are the main discs ive been using at my home course, which is the only course ive played in the last 2 weeks or so (only been playing about 2 weeks since i stopped for my knee injury 6 months ago). i have only played 6 rounds in the last 6 months so im hoping if i keep playing i will get some more of my distance back.

all the others havent come out too often since i have been playing again. i need to get a buzzz or a roc. i have a 9/10 dx classic roc, are those any good? i lack knowledge when it comes to midranges.

i have a 9/10 dx classic roc, are those any good? i lack knowledge when it comes to midranges.

They're okay but nowadays they are more like putters than mids. The Champ Classic Roc was a nifty disc but it's OOP. I'm surprised you say you don't like large diameters b/c Stalkers are actually pretty wide. A Buzzz is very Stalker like, I'd probably start there. Core would be another good mid to try since you're interested in dabbling in Swedish plastic. The Fuse is awesome and could definitely give the Impact a run for its money as an approach mid.

Since you're coming off an injury it might be wise to throw some predominantly putter and mid rounds, working on your throw from a standstill and emphasizing snap.

Cheers.

ive never really thrown mids because i dont like their larger diameter and use a putter or stalker instead of a mid. i would like to give them a try again but i don't know what mid to try.

you know that they make smaller diameter mids right? the Cro flies pretty similar to a roc, and it's small diameter. you can also try a Spider

@BroD- the stalker just seems to fit in my hand better than a buzzz does and i can get a better grip on it, idunno hard to explain. I will definatly be looking into expanding my range of discs and adding mids to my game

@AP-I found a cro once and hated it but never really gave it a fair try, might have to get one again. How does a spider fly? I have never even held one in person only seen them online so I have no idea when it comes to that one.

the spider has less fade than the cro. it has a bead, but it isn't as overstable as most people think. snap it decently and you should get a pretty straight flight. i hated large diameter discs too, so i just used the spider for like 7 years

i have a vibram vp on the way now, im hoping to use it to replace my aviar for driving, but i still need to get a mid or two. im thinkin about picking up a spider next to give that a try.

i found a kc pro roc today and threw it a few holes, felt akward in my hand but i parked a few holes which i wasnt expecting. im gonna keep throwing it around and see if i can get used to it

the spider will do anything you want it to and feels great in the hand. Its my #1 midrange. BTW I have a worn CE Eagle X if you are interested in it give me a shout.

I agree with rocs being awkward in the hand. They are large diameter with a big lip. Try the Spider.