• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is most important to you in a DG course?

mrstiggy

Par Member
My List goes in order top to bottom

Good baskets
Elevation
Trees, lots and lots of trees providing tunnels
Concrete tees
Well Defined Fairways
Cleanliness
Trash cans

Whats yours?

Challenging holes
Trees, and I agree lots of trees and tunnel shots
Concrete tees
Good baskets
Elevation
Water
Cleanliness
Benches
Trash Cans

Elevation
Trees, lots and lots of trees providing tunnels
Well Defined Fairways
Concrete tees
Cleanliness
Good baskets
Trash cans

I don't really care about tree tunnels, but I need obstacles

1-Trees. tunnels are nice, but open holes with a line of trees or trees surrounding the basket works too.
2-Good signage; the worst thing is to go to a new course and have no clue where to go. i like to see the distance too. i don't care if the sign doesnt have a 'map' of the hole, as long as it says how far it is and where the next hole is.
3-a course where there aren't ten people in one group....they never let you pass....:mad:
4-concrete tees; i'm fine with dirt tees, too, i guess.
5-not alot of water. it's an obstacle if the designers work it into the course well enough, but man, i lost my favorite disc in the middle of a large pond...

that's about it. i don't care about elevation, benches, cleanliness, or any of that. if it's a challenging course, i'll have fun with it.

Good Call

1-Trees. tunnels are nice, but open holes with a line of trees or trees surrounding the basket works too.
2-Good signage; the worst thing is to go to a new course and have no clue where to go. i like to see the distance too. i don't care if the sign doesnt have a 'map' of the hole, as long as it says how far it is and where the next hole is.
3-a course where there aren't ten people in one group....they never let you pass....:mad:
4-concrete tees; i'm fine with dirt tees, too, i guess.
5-not alot of water. it's an obstacle if the designers work it into the course well enough, but man, i lost my favorite disc in the middle of a large pond...

that's about it. i don't care about elevation, benches, cleanliness, or any of that. if it's a challenging course, i'll have fun with it.

On the signage thing, that is an important one to me that should have been about number 3

Variety of shots/holes
at least 60:40 wooded to open
At least a third of holes >300' + to warm up the cannon
concrete tees
nice scenery (outdoors or women)

I could honestly care less about everything else if these criteria are met.

I want the place to be kept up (in the variety of ways that entails)

I want a variety of holes, not all straight, not all left, not all right, not all in the woods, not all open...ACTUAL variety.

I like trees, especially ones that aren't evergreens.

I would like there to be ways to avoid the water. I would like that way to *not* be the "ladies" tees if all possible (I'm talking to YOU hole 4 at MCC)

I NEED good signage. I can't STAND places without decent signs. I'm thinking about having a ton of really simple arrow signs made and taking them to courses and pointing towards the next tee! (i'm talking to YOU hole 12 at Baker...with your basket RIGHT next to tee 15 and NOT near the tee for 13...this would be FINE if there was a SIGN)

I'd like a map at the course that's always nice, but not needed. I'd like concrete tees, but if they're not in disrepair I don't really care.

Looking pretty really helps me want to come back too, it's one of the reasons I keep going to mcc even though the place just eats plastic 24/7.

\/\/

Variety---lengths, directions, elevation, foliage, etc.

Challenging and interesting shots.

Aesthetics---scenic beauty, peace & quiet.

As many "WOW" holes as possibles.

As few boring or random luck holes as possible.

Quality teepads.

(As many other features as I can think of, and finally.....)

Signs. Very helpful first time on course, maybe second, after that I'll never notice them again.

length differentiation.

elevation change.

good tees (no dirt or mulch)

trees, usually the more the better.

How about an awesome and active club with the course?

While it isn't the most important, i'm suprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

Having a league, randow doubles, monthly tournies, glow golf, course cleanup; all things that are initiated by the local club can make a good course great.

Variety - shots, elevation, trees, open...
Accurate signs - all the courses that usually play have signs but they aren't necessaily very accurate
Multiple tees
Peace and quiet - one of the things that hooked me and whoever said this already kudos to you sir
Garbage cans - and more to the point people who actually use them
Benches - or better yet picnic tables

I agree a strong club is key
Hole variation some tree lined others tunnel
Elevation changes
Baskets pads
Good maintenence

lack of walking between holes , lack of D.B.s , lack of 5.0s, lack of trash, lack of lakes lapping up leopards thrown longley by lethargic lolly gaggers lacadaisically lounging loosley liquered up like lepracauns .

I could list a lot of things I like about different courses, but I've played all differen kinds of course styles, and the most important thing to me is good signage and being able to find your way around teh course. Nothing is more frusterating than wandering around for 15 minutes looking for the next tee OR having a sweet drive only to realize on your second or third shot that you've been shooting on the wrong basket!

the most important thing to me would have to be good signs, cleanliness, restrooms, benches or picnic table, cement tee pads are a plus along with mowed fairways, but every course is different.

Latest posts