• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is that?!

A ouple of years ago, before I got back into the sport, my mother-in-law was taking my wife, son, sister-in-law, niece, and I to the Cape May Zoo in NJ. As we drove in everyone in the car goes "What are those things?" I looked out and went "Oh disc golf goals, I used to play I while ago." I then explained to them what they were, and about the sport.

A few years go by and I pick the sport back up. One day the family and I were sitting around talking about stuff and DG comes up. My mother-in-law says she used to see those things growing up but didn't know what they were for. Now both of my brothers-in-law play, and I have even had my father-in-law out to the courses on Thanksgiving.

Ive never seen anyone do it, but Ive heard people mistake them for grills quite a bit.
Most people when they really look at a pole hole can't figure out how to overcome the obstacle of keeping the heat element (be it charcoal or wood) from falling through the bottom and side of the basket attachment. MOST people realize at that point that it CAN'T be a grill. However, some people are either a)talented problem solvers or b)really obstinate pains in the ass. These are the folks that figure out a way...:rolleyes:

It is a lot more common for you to hear someone say "I always thought it was weird that all those B-B-Q grills were painted yellow" than to actually SEE someone grilling in one. I wish I had a picture, it was priceless.

I was suprised one day while playing at a very well used disc golf course, in a very busy local park. Some locals, who could see people all over the place playing, asked us what we were doing.

Unclear on the concept

At Sims Park in Euclid, Oh, a church group was having a picnic. Tee pad 2 made a nice place to park their grill.

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 48
Most people when they really look at a pole hole can't figure out how to overcome the obstacle of keeping the heat element (be it charcoal or wood) from falling through the bottom and side of the basket attachment. MOST people realize at that point that it CAN'T be a grill. However, some people are either a)talented problem solvers or b)really obstinate pains in the ass. These are the folks that figure out a way...:rolleyes:

It is a lot more common for you to hear someone say "I always thought it was weird that all those B-B-Q grills were painted yellow" than to actually SEE someone grilling in one. I wish I had a picture, it was priceless.

I'm thinking the more heat you apply to galvanized metal, the more UNSAFE it would be to eat anything cooking on it..........

AND THE GRILL EXCUSE IS JUST PLAIN STUPID ANYWAY!!!!

How is it that this "new-style grill" has never been seen on TV or in stores but is only in parks, mounted in the most inconvienent areas WITH NO PICNIC TABLES NEARBY??????!!!! :confused:
Why would somedesign a BBQ grill that has no solid area for charcoal to be put, and a hanging chain grill that cannot support hambugers or hot dogs??????????!!!!!!

Last edited:
Typo: someone design NOT somedesign.

You grammar nazi.

I just had one guy ask me and he was like:

"Are those things really used for that?"

"Seriously for that?"

"For frisbees?"

"Really frisbees?"

"Well that makes no darn sense...those things would make a mean BBQ pit though."

I have been at a festival where the pad was used as a Parking space for a Golf cart. We unlocked the brake and pushed it back and locked the brake again. Then just played through.

I have been at a festival where the pad was used as a Parking space for a Golf cart. We unlocked the brake and pushed it back and locked the brake again. Then just played through.

I have had the same thing happen with bikes. Gee it sure was nice of the city to put a bike parking area out in the middle of the field for us....

I've seen people use baskets as holders for their water bottles, towels, dog poop bags, while they run up and down the hills that make up holes 9 & 10 at my local course. Of course I didn't find out about it until I played 10 and made my best run at an ace in some time. There's a good chance that it might have been affected if I hit chains since the towel was woven in the back of the chains as if it was some type of laundry drying rack. The waterbottle was up against the lower chain ring. The poop bags were also stuffed in the chains.

I took the liberty of moving their crap to an adjacent rock where they'd be sure to see it.

At this particular course there are so many people walking/running/walking their dogs that I just call out "watch out for flying discs" and fire away. Normally, I'll wait until all lifeforms are clear from the fairway/course before throwing.

This course was taken off the grid for 6-9 months while it was being refurbished so I think that the walkers got used to using the course as an area for walking. Now, they're having difficulties accepting that their great walk is being used by people throwing those frisbee things. I figure all it takes is a good shot or two and they'll move back to their designated area.

I've personally seen people of the Latino persuasion kick soccer balls into the baskets and I heard from a guy I played with one day that he saw somebody try and use the basket for a grill by laying foil in the basket.

Ive heard rumors of people hanging chickens in them and cooking them up. lol

I've seen foil in the baskets to hold the charcoal in and shish-ka-bobs hanging between the chains.
DSCJNKY

Latin-Americans, please. We don't know that it's just Mexicans that do this.

Nah, I'm just playing. We know, oh how we know. *evil laugh*

no its ok, im allowed to say it...my last name is actually lopez(not joking)...im about the whitest mexican youll ever meet though....prolly bc the name is from adoption and not blood...

Latest posts