• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the best disc golf shot ever thrown?

The other would probably be when I threw over the pond at Bradford #12 from my drive.

I have seen many a good shot but this one was the only one that rendered me speechless

I can speak from personal experience and say that is insane. We played alternate shot doubles there for the Southeast Collegiate Open last year and thought we threw the perfect drive and upshot for the hole. It gave us a long look at 3, which we missed, but we had a chance. That was FOUR of us combining for a chance at 3. I wish I could have been there to see Will do that.

Another shot that could be considered is Nikko's upshot at #18 Jackson in the final round this year. Anyone who has played that hole knows how tough the angles and elevation is. It was hard for us, once again as a team, to get a 4. Nikko had a 20 footer for 3. unbelievable

Oh god his roller was SICKKKKK. I was standing on the edge of the practice area where 18 doglegs to the right ... saw the whole shot ... just amazing. (I'm in the Marty McGee vid: red shirt, white/red hat)

Feldberg came walking up to my buddy and I and asked how his shot was: "You blew by, like 40'-50'." What about Nikko? "Dude ... he's parked." ... and he was like: damn :\

Paige Pierce hit a 550' Ace on a blind annie thru 30' gap and hit metal next time!

Paige Pierce hit a 550' Ace at The Greater Hartford Open
Elevation drop was 60', so a little downhill, but not down the side of a mountain. 150g ESP Nuke
it's blind and to the right with trouble everywhere
one of the most intimidating holes on the course. It's an insane degree of difficultly. I would like to see the scores for that hole layout.
a hard anny through a 30ft tree gap
on the same hole she hit metal again

The shot by Will at the IDGC is probably the best shot mentioned. The two best shots I have heard about where I live (Charleston, SC) was Wysocki taking a 2 on #10 at Trophy Lakes from the long tees last December (drove almost 550' over water to an elevated peninsula green and made a 40' putt with water behind the green) and Feldberg had about a 220' field ace going straight at the basket under the magnolias on #3 at Hampton Park during the 2012 Charleston Classic (600' - 700' hole).

Double G's 700+ foot bomb on the 770 hole at Pine Oaks in the 2010 Players Cup was nuts. Flat ground. Would have been more in contention for this if he had made his 60 foot putt.

Wysocki's eagle on 888 last year was pretty amazing. If Crazy's almost ace Roc throw had stuck it would probably have been cemented as the greatest ever.

Nikko's shot at Fountain Hills Thrills was huge, but the tourney wasn't. It kind of takes away the magnitude of the throw. It's still probably in the top 5 though.

I was there for Nikko's ace at Fountain Hills Thrills... I was on the other side of the park and heard the roar. That was sick because it was the final hole Ace to force a playoff

I called a roller ace off of a tree at the Blockhouse while surrounded by admiring fans. I made the shot. And the legend continues.

I didn't witness it, but last summer, the internetz were all abuzz about Paige Pierce's 540' ace...folks calling it lucky, etc. Then, if I heard right, she hit the same basket on the next round. If that's true, then I nominate that as the greatest non-ace shot ever. :thmbup:

The shot by Will at the IDGC is probably the best shot mentioned. The two best shots I have heard about where I live (Charleston, SC) was Wysocki taking a 2 on #10 at Trophy Lakes from the long tees last December (drove almost 550' over water to an elevated peninsula green and made a 40' putt with water behind the green) and Feldberg had about a 220' field ace going straight at the basket under the magnolias on #3 at Hampton Park during the 2012 Charleston Classic (600' - 700' hole).

I aced the last hole of the Charleston Classic... Hole... 6? right before the Gazebo hole... 100 players, 80 holes, 800 chances at an ace, and I hit it on my last hole... leading by 1, needing a birdie, and I skip aced it to win AND take the $300 ace pot.

2 shots equally amazing.

#1 Eastway Hole #13 long Will S. 650' dogleg right.
He threw a high anny that ended up 40' right of the basket pin high. I am still amazed that it was possible to have seen it with my own eyes.

#1a Hornets Nest WEB layout. Hole 16 Web 712' par 5 Paul Ulibarri

For anyone that doesnt know the hole...it is a dead straight tight hallway shot for about 550' then takes a 90 degree turn up the to the left. It basically plays the first part of nest 16 all the way to nest 17's tee pad then up the hill to (at the time) a basket shorter than nest 17 set to the right. (now 16 web and 17 nest are the same basket)
THE SHOT:
He throws a backhand star destroyer, as he lets the disc go he slips and falls off the tee pad onto the ground. The disc lazers the fairway all the way to the turn and flairs up the hill in front of 17's tee pad. Hitting a spectator watching the previous group putt out. 550' lazer after falling down. He threw it so far and so great we couldnt even see until we found his discs lie and heard the story from the people spectating that hole....about how a disc comes from nowhere and hits someone. Amazing.

#1 Eastway Hole #13 long Will S. 650' dogleg right.
He threw a high anny that ended up 40' right of the basket pin high. I am still amazed that it was possible to have seen it with my own eyes.

I saw this one while I was spotting on hole 12. It was seriously impressive.

At the 2008 USDGC, in round 2, Tim Skellenger (PDGA #26269) shot a 2 on the 901 ft hole 12. That second shot must have been a great one! He is the only player in USDGC history to ever score a 2 on hole 12.
(At the time it was an albatross since the hole was a par 5, but starting in 2013 the par was changed to 4.)

[Please don't derail this thread with any fruitless discussions about par.]

At the 2008 USDGC, in round 2, Tim Skellenger (PDGA #26269) shot a 2 on the 901 ft hole 12. That second shot must have been a great one! He is the only player in USDGC history to ever score a 2 on hole 12.
(At the time it was an albatross since the hole was a par 5, but starting in 2013 the par was changed to 4.)

[Please don't derail this thread with any fruitless discussions about par.]

wow! that is a nice birdie.