• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the oldest DG bag you remember?

John Rock

Double Eagle Member
After reading the thread about old discs that used to be hot, I started thinking about my old DG bags. Which ones were popular where you played?

My first one was the round canvas bag from Discovering The World, I think I got it in '85 or maybe '86.

Then in '89 I went to work on building a couple of hotels in Los Angeles and got to play several courses there. When I visited Morley Field, I bought a cool new bag from the Pro Shop there. I remember it being a camo-type color, and it was more of a square shape. Seems like the brand name was Sierra-something. I felt like a celebrity being the only one in my area with a bag that wasn't canvas and round.

Then the Wall City bags came out. Boy did things change then. Mostly nylon bags with lots of color combos, different sizes, shapes, and styles.

After those flooded the DG market, I started using different kinds of bags, usually a duffel type, that I would get at camping stores (like REI). I guess I just like to be original, not follow the crowd.

After several years of that, I finally bought a Texas Team bag from Revolution. I bought it before Worlds in 2004 and still use it to this day. It has held up great with minimal wear and tear.

I think this is the oldest bag I can remember :eek:

Sorry for hijacking your thread -- I couldn't resist.

Attachments

• 346995608_c1f2a191b5.jpg
    346995608_c1f2a191b5.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
I still have my Wall City bag, the "Mega Cube"....it's still in great shape and has outlasted a lot of the discs that used to be in it =P

I use it now as my putter bag for when I just wanna take a bag of putters out to practice with.

Go Wall City!

I still have my wall city bag also which I got from a friend of mine in Maryland. Whoo.. it was my first disc golf bag also.. so it is special to me! My most recent bag - which I won at ODDGA Championship, is a duffle bag from Memorial. Now, I have way toooo many bags! (Three Fade Gear Bags - Lite, Crunch, and Tournament bags).... My friends are already teasing me about opening my own line.. yeah right! (I do make some bags also, still in the learning process!)

Sure I remember my first and oldest DG bag...It's hangs on my shoulder during every round. :) Ratty little Academy special from a bit back - only holds ten but she gets the job done.

Latest posts