• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part V)?

Got this from a local tournament. Only 5 (total) of these were found in the Innova factory and got stamped and finally made it out of the factory.

Ontario tooling with patent #s
Penned S-GM 171

I was told by a few reputable Innova sources that the 5 that were found are CE plastic. I believe them judging how opaque the disc is and how fingerprinty and sticky the disc feels.

Any value?
Gremlins have a relatively small market. They didn't make them for long, and only the early proline ones were any good. So if it is one of the early prolines found in the back of the warehouse (which can happen) you have a disc that somebody will pay decent money for, but you have to find that guy and there are not a lot of them. When you DO find one of those guys, they will have the answers to all your questions.

I don't; I hate small diameter mids. :|

A buddy just gave me a disc (traded actually) an Innova disc marked *BWR with no stamp on top. Curious at to what it is as well as value as I've never seen a disc marked *BWR before. I'd say maybe speed 11 or 12. Thanks.

A buddy just gave me a disc (traded actually) an Innova disc marked *BWR with no stamp on top. Curious at to what it is as well as value as I've never seen a disc marked *BWR before. I'd say maybe speed 11 or 12. Thanks.

If it is penned *BWR it's a special blend wraith. Innova kept the original abbreviations for all molds that were produced in blizzard plastic.
Example: Blizzard Boss (penned BO)
Blizzard Destroyer (penned DS)
Blizzard Wraith (penned WR)
so on and so on.

Thanks, it definitely feels like Star plastic. And is marked with a star before the "BWR". I used an asterisk in my initial post but it's actually a star (no star on the keyboard).

I have a few Proto Roc3's, brand new.
Some with the proto star stamp and a few with the Big Bird stamp.
What are these worth, ballpark?

(Note that these are not the First Run McBeth Roc3's, but the proto stamped and Big Bird stamped)

my son just got home from vacation and showed me a gift he got from his Uncle. a 1989 OHIO Championships stamped 171 gm Cobra (San Marino unthrown no ink) Yellow with a Gold stamp. i told him it was worth at least $100 and he looked surprised. perhaps someone here could clue me to the actual value. TIA

I have a few Proto Roc3's, brand new.
Some with the proto star stamp and a few with the Big Bird stamp.
What are these worth, ballpark?

(Note that these are not the First Run McBeth Roc3's, but the proto stamped and Big Bird stamped)

Those would be DX right?

Nope, champ, Jolly Rancher-type plastic.

...smh

s-l300.jpg

Does that look like DX plastic to you?..

Those would be DX right?

No, none of the ones mentioned would be DX. I dont think DX Roc3s showed up until the next USDGC after the Champ Roc McBeth Signature Roc3s. So DX showed up in late 2013 and the 2012 USDGC, Proto Stars, and Big Birds were in 2012 or early 2013 (Can't remember the actual release date of the Protos and Big Birds).

Last edited:

Latest posts