• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gave those out to TD's/clubs who placed the top level package when ordering. At least that's what we've gotten for our A/big B tiers at Mile High Disc Golf Club

I found an egg shell (not quite white) "20 years of Roc" Star Roc today at a local DG store. red stamp and I'd say it's at least 9/10 with only minor "on the shelf" wear says 175 / *R on the back and it's got the normal innova cham discs tooling around the rim area at the top with San Marino at the bottom. Any idea what it's worth?

found this in my basement while cleaning, had some mold growing on it. Cleaned up nicely with just hot water but as you can see part of the stamp came off. Also has some surface cracking that can be seen in the pics, it looks like it sat in the sun for a few years. Not sure of the weight, but if i had to guess i'd say 170-175 as i usually bought all max weight back when this was purchased. Other than the cracking surface the disc is in great shape, only scuffed no dings/gashes etc.
surface cracking- spots on lower right and continue on under to the bottom of the rim
IMAG0395.jpg

better view of cracking
IMAG0396.jpg

bottom
IMAG0397.jpg

I found an egg shell (not quite white) "20 years of Roc" Star Roc today at a local DG store. red stamp and I'd say it's at least 9/10 with only minor "on the shelf" wear says 175 / *R on the back and it's got the normal innova cham discs tooling around the rim area at the top with San Marino at the bottom. Any idea what it's worth?

20 if they are new.

Jeff, what about brand new white ones that are 172+? They have that old grippy feel to them. I saw a couple earlier this week, but wasn't sure.

as long as they are pro LINE and not just pro, they would probably still be north of 40 bucks each.

Gotcha. At this point I don't remember actually. They might just have been older Pros. Anyway, thanks.

Sparkle or pro line plastic? Sparkle shockwaves are rare, but probably still only worth $15 tops. If its Sparkle I would be interested in purchasing it!

Naah just pro. Not worth much then. Why is it that discraft/dga isn't worth much? Just the consistency and uniformity of the pastic?

That's a thrower. It's DX, so all anybody is paying for is the stamp. If you are paying for a stamp, you want 10/10. Maybe you can clean the dirt off and make it passable to a collector due to the lack of ink, but still it's only going to be a $15 disc.

Naah just pro. Not worth much then. Why is it that discraft/dga isn't worth much? Just the consistency and uniformity of the pastic?

IMO it's just people being stubborn or thinking one is better than the other.

Discraft over the past 10yrs. has been more uniform especially in the past 3 yrs. imo.

i have a special edition valkyrie, roughly 164g. one small place in the outside edge, and a small puncture in the flight plate (visible in photo). very light ink (initials) on bottom. any ideas?

IMG_2189.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts