• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking ebay is probably the best indicator for a disc like the Dimple. It's such an oddity that it will probably have some value, but because they are illegal they don't really trade in the regular disc golf circles. They are more of a collectors item, which will also keep the price artificially high.

Were they ever PDGA approved or was it revoked at some point in time...if so, then what for?

Were they ever PDGA approved or was it revoked at some point in time...if so, then what for?
No, the Dimple was originally run in this really, really stiff plastic and it flunked the flex test. Later it was run in a much softer plastic, but I guess it was never re-submitted. Otherwise, it probably would have been legal.

At the time Innova had it's shiny new patent on golf discs and was suing the pants off anybody and everybody to force them into licensing agreements. The back story I heard (which may be false) was that Jan heard through the grapevine that if the disc wasn't PDGA legal Innova wasn't going to bother to sue, so he made it illegal on purpose to stay out of court. It could all be hooey, though.

Here's a pic

huh... my buddy has a few of those, i thought his were blanks though, never new what they were, dont think they had stamps

shame really, he's got hundreds from when he played a decade ago, i've looked through them, but i'm just now realizing some of the gems he had, handful of special edition, crazy cool stamps, all kinds i never heard/or seen
downside is he also threw most of them

he''s got some nice autographs too, i remember one was either a blowfly or a gumputt, before they were known he had met steady ed at a tourney and ended up with ed's putter/prototype, signed with the 001 pdga number, its pretty sweet, cant remember what exactly was on the bottom, but in marker it gave details - prototype, mold, plastic? weight and some thing else.... idk, its been a while, but its nice to think he may have some "investments" floating in a storage box

What about these? They're all nicer looking than they look in the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

how come no one talks about discraft first runs?

champ beast pre-barry
first run flash - $20 at dynamic discs
champ monster with center bump sticks out! is this a bad mold? any ideas?

Attachments

• champbeast.jpg
    champbeast.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 135
  • firstrunflash.jpg
    firstrunflash.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 138
  • monster2.jpg
    monster2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 178
homebrew, because you have 5 of each, that shows how they are not very rare. I am no three putt but I would say on the eagles you are looking at around $10-12, $15-20 for the Tbirds and Valks if you find the right buyer.

Remember I am not expert, I would look at This disc and guess $50-60 but the guy wants $300.00

now, the first run CE Teebirds are closer to $40-50

Here is a first run valk for sale for $16.00 first run valk Early Valks with just the bar stamp are going around $25.00

homebrew, because you have 5 of each, that shows how they are not very rare. I am no three putt but I would say on the eagles you are looking at around $10-12, $15-20 for the Tbirds and Valks if you find the right buyer.

Right on. I was just curious really. I bought them all from the same guy who's had them for a while and rarely used them.

I gotta put mine up...nothing spectacular but I got the Amoeba stingray, circle stingray, circle gaz, 9x gaz, 10x gaz, 11x gaz, glo gaz, 1st run bar stamp valk, 4x JK valk, 1st run xcal, and 2004 worlds champ classic roc.

No, the Dimple was originally run in this really, really stiff plastic and it flunked the flex test. Later it was run in a much softer plastic, but I guess it was never re-submitted. Otherwise, it probably would have been legal.

At the time Innova had it's shiny new patent on golf discs and was suing the pants off anybody and everybody to force them into licensing agreements. The back story I heard (which may be false) was that Jan heard through the grapevine that if the disc wasn't PDGA legal Innova wasn't going to bother to sue, so he made it illegal on purpose to stay out of court. It could all be hooey, though.

^According to my sources (Jan's Son)... they are retooling the dimple and are planning to make some more. I have wanted one for a long time... and been unsuccessful getting one (even though I'm buds with Shane)... Anyone got an extra they want to get rid of?
DSCJNKY

ThreePutt -- I think as moderator you should go ahead and rename this thread "Ask ThreePutt what your discs are worth".

**side note -- just realized your name is actually Scott Kickbusch. That's a bada$$ last name :clap:

you really believe that solomon is the wisest person to have walked the earth in the 6000 years of recorded history? more than divinci or voltaire? what makes you hold him in such regard, besides the fact that the bible says he was the wisest man?:\

Come on! We all know it is Three Putt.

Works for this thread too

Condition is probably an 8-9 out of 10. Weighs about 200 grams. Don't have the exact diameter but a current golf disc will fit inside the rim.

29973_g.jpg

29974_g.jpg

^According to my sources (Jan's Son)... they are retooling the dimple and are planning to make some more. I have wanted one for a long time... and been unsuccessful getting one (even though I'm buds with Shane)... Anyone got an extra they want to get rid of?
DSCJNKY

I've got two that I would part with. Send me a PM with an offer if you're interested.

Captain Anhyzer, I have the same disc but orange that my neighbor gave to me. I too am interested to see what that frisbee is worth.

I'll give you about....tree fitty.

Oh no woman, you shoulda offered him a buck two-five.

Status
Not open for further replies.