• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your favorite course to play on?

Ive played some courses, one with a variety of water mixed with open landscape, and still even though that is a good course to play on: Old Farm, the park that beats this and is the best that was played on so far would have to be Brewer Park here in Michigan. It has four seperate courses, with Blue being the shortest, but the funest to play on, while Gold is for people who can throw far distances, and want a good challenge. This park also has picnic tables, and places where you can grill food.

The only real con I can say about this park is that in the summer when the day is nice and warm, it can get over busy and too crowded, with some lines of people waiting to play next, though in the back of one of the courses is a secluded place where stoners can sit down on a bench and smoke a joint privately, so it is my favorite park to go to so far.

If anyone else has had a great experience with one of their favorite parks and would like to comment about it, then post it right down, cause there are many parks out there, ones that are better than others, and knowing these courses can inspire any person to pick up a disc and go to some of these great parks we have in America, or anywhere else!

Never heard of any parks in Canada though, it would be interesting to hear about.

Welcome to the forums.

Lincoln Ridge in Independence, KY is my favorite course to play. Followed closely by Idlewild in Burlington, KY. Lincoln Ridge is more to my skill level, but Idlewild is an amazing course that will beat you down.

Handyman Ace Hardware near Dayton, OH is a course that I can't wait to play again when I move back home to the Cincinnati area.

Honorable mentions to Splat Hill in Browns Valley, CA and Horning's Hideout near Portland, OR.

I enjoy any course that has nice tee/signs/baskets and has some elevation with risk/reward shots. There's to many to list. Welcome to the forum.

I would have to pick Lester Lorch Park in Cedar Hill, TX. It has two "four disc" courses in a "disc golf only" park. It has a little of everything, but it has a lot of forest. It's my favorite place to play disc golf all day.

Hudson Mills, right down the road from you in Ann Arbor. Its a special place with 48 holes dedicated to disc golf. Check out the reviews for it on this site!

Idlewild. It's got everything I could ever want.

Toboggan course in Milford Michigan - best Ive ever played course wise, scenic wise Sipapu New Mexico

So far it is defintely Sugaree in Linville, NC. It's got it all. It's private and uncrowded. It has incredible scenery. The landscape is perfect for disc golf. And the owner/guide has unmatched enthusiasm. It's just freaking fun. But, I've only played 150 courses. There are a few thousand more to go. I'll chime in when and if I find a better DG experience.

Thank you everyone for the comments and "welcomes"
Also if someone could explain this "flip" to me that would be nice
@rj29274 hmmm nice considering its in the state
@sloppydisc yea, sounds like nice place to disc

Disc Golf courses with lots of water just makes you nervous to play on, it does me anyway, since Ive lost some of my disc and only have one left, losing it would be terrible, now if anyone knows of a course where you can throw your disc through a waterfall let me and people on this forum know!

Thank you everyone for the comments and "welcomes"
Also if someone could explain this "flip" to me that would be nice
@rj29274 hmmm nice considering its in the state
@sloppydisc yea, sounds like nice place to disc

Disc Golf courses with lots of water just makes you nervous to play on, it does me anyway, since Ive lost some of my disc and only have one left, losing it would be terrible, now if anyone knows of a course where you can throw your disc through a waterfall let me and people on this forum know!

Flip City

The waterfall sounds sweet!

My favorite course to play is my home course, in Normal, IL

I'd have to agree with RJ on this one. The Toboggan is as epic as it is brutal. One of my new favorites is Nevins.