• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your favorite distance driver?

how about all of the drivers in my bag are my favourites

if they weren't then they wouldn't be there

I usually carry 2 of each that I throw

depending at what point you call it a distance driver and no longer a fairway driver I would answer:

Saint
168 GL for tailwinds and hyzer flips
175 Opto for flat and hyzers

Bolt
170 GL for tailwinds and hyzer flips
171 Opto same as above (is actually flippier than the GL but not as glidey)

Giant
172 GL for anhyzer flex shots, and hyzers

I sometimes carry an Opto Giant as I am trying to get some seasoning on it
but so far that is proving successful...I need to find course with more trees

Wraith. I currently only have one yellow, 175g champ wraith in my bag as I just lost my neon green 167 star one :(. I'll probably just get another champ in lighter weight to replace it.

Pro Destroyer

Why.... because it is amazing. Glide for days and bombs with almost no effort.

Pro Destroyer

Why.... because it is amazing. Glide for days and bombs with almost no effort.

^This.

I have a very beat 169 pro destroyer whose favorite daytime activity is being hyzer flipped a long way. (a long way for me at least..)

A VERY beat chalky-rubbery-grippy ESP Nuke 2010 tourney stamp is a close 2nd / tie.
($6 at PIAS, buh buh buh boo-yaaahhhh hyzer flip machine even further than than the destroyer)

Last edited:
I'm currently between bags, so I'm only carrying like six discs for the moment, but I'm just going to post what I was/will carry with an actual bag.

Fairway (that can go far as ****): QJLS' - I carry two normally, a newer and kinda domey Sparkle QJ, as well as a flat old candy one that's well beat. The new runs have a tad more glide (due to dome) and usually require a little more room to work with; also not as good in the wind. The beat up (but still stable) candy one is more for 'ropes or low hyzerflips, which is more or less my daily driver. If I need something more stable than a hyzer with either of them, I either push out my Drones or power down on my QOLFs.

Tweener (though they are distance drivers): M, S, and Q OLFs - I keep one of each in the bag. M-OLF is my understable driver (don't use it very often) for long distance standstills, big turns, occasional roller, or some tight gaps requiring distance [after the gap]. Flat, by the way. The S-OLF (also flat) flies very much like an Eagle, with both turn and fade and great control. PD is to Teebird, as OLF is to Eagle. My Q-OLF is very slightly domey, and the most stable of the bunch. Used for wind, hyzers, times where I NEED the fade, occasional roller, occasional overhand, umm...you get the picture.

Distance distance [not a typo] driver: Rampages/Icon Cannon - I've tried too many wide rimjobbers to have only liked these, but it's true. I don't have huge hands, but they still seem to feel better than Forces or Bosses or Nukes or whatever. I have two Rampages in the bag, a 175 Pinnacle (stable max-D beast) and a 165 Protege for tailwinds and such; also used like the M-OLF for distance standstills etc. I only have one Cannon I bring out, a 175 Icon. Sits between my two Rampages, it's more there for my second throws in casual rounds so I can learn the mold better. DISCLAIMER: I only throw Rampages/Cannons on 430'+ open holes (which is maybe once a round on my home course), unless it is a very rare circumstance where footing is compromised and distance is a necessity.

well i dont really throw any super fast stuff but yeah for me...

Fairway : Leopards
Control D : Star Sidewinder
Max D : Champion Beast (Old and New Mold)

1st Run Z Nukes for distance. I just cant seem to throw anything else as far consistantly... Before that it was the Wraith and before that was the Valk - always in champion plastic.

173 icon cannon. I like it because of the high speed turn. At my arm speed, i can release it flat and it'll turn slightly then fade back strong at the end. I can get it out 375-400 on a good shot. Mine's red, it does make a difference, but read up on it and you might end up finding one that's perfect for you

FORCE

I have 2 right now; both new (ish), one Z one ESP. When those two break in, I'll get fresh of both plastics.

I have a nuke in the bag, but it's not a "distance driver" for me. I throw it for long tall anhyzers and rollers. And I do love it for those purposes.

These days, it's a toss up between either one of my Saints....and then my colorshift River...

I have 2 saints, and 2 Rivers in my bag right now.

for max d a heavy stable nuke if i can find one, but since i cant, a 173 star boss. for more controlled driving i love qolfs

Katana
Just one, star plastic
I like the flight pattern

Destroyer 3 star ones firebird is a close second. the reason for the choices is i can tell them what to do and count on them to do it and the destroy goes sickeningly far with oddles of control.

Latest posts