• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what is your goal for the year

-Play most of the courses in the Charlotte/Rock Hill Area.
-Play some new courses other than those too. I'm thinking 10 new ones.
-one more "real" ace (anything 250'+)
-bring my rating up to 970 or so.
-have a 1000 rated round. just one.

I haven't hit any of the courses in the Char/Rock Hill area yet, even though I've had 3 chances that all fell through.

I've played 10 new ones already: Badlands, Blair Witch, Westminster, Bird's Nest, Beaver Ranch, Johnny Roberts, Mine's Park, Wellspring, Creekside (even though it's not finished), and Burke Lake.

The ace hasn't come, but that's more of a wish than a goal.

I haven't played in anymore sanctioned tourneys.

According to estimated SSA, I have had 4 1000 rated practice rounds. Of course, none of those are officially 1000 rated rounds, but I'm guessing that at least one of those would have been a 1000 round if I had been in a tourney when I shot that.

7-22-09 Updates in bold print.

I'm starting late on this one... half way through the year. But these goals have been on my mind since the beginning of the year and I'm keeping them simple.

#1) Play 8 new courses to up my count to 25 total. We don't have a lot of options close to me so I wanted to keep the goal realistic and end up with a "nice" number.

Status... Started off on New Year's Day on a new course at 8:00 in the morning. And I've played three new courses since so I'm exactly half to my goal at almost exactly half way through the year. I can handle that.

7-22-09 Update... played one new course a couple of weekends ago and four courses over the last three days while on vacation. So this goal is met and I'm at 26 courses played now. (Guess I'll have to shoot for 30 this year now... just don't tell my wife!)

#2) Improve my putting. I stink outside of 20'. I probably only make 3-4/10 from 25' and 2/10 from 30'. Beyond 40' is just a crapshoot.

Status... I still stink outside of 20' and might be worse now than I was in January. Ouch! I think I have a big mental block more than anything physical. I'm really trying to improve my "self talk" so that I'm not always saying "my putting stinks" to myself as I line up for a putt.

7-22-09 Update... I'm losing at least 2-3 strokes for every 9 holes played on putts inside of 30'. It's a sad state of affairs. I guess I'll need to practice my putting if I want to improve. DUHHHH!!!!!
Oh, well. Whether my putting stinks or not, at least I should be able to get to 25 courses played this year. :p

I want to be shooting 54 and under on all of my local courses by Dec 31. And finally get an ace on the interim #1 basket at Griffin before they take it away. It's an easy deuce, and I've hit the pole, but haven't aced it yet..............YET

Last edited:
-Try to get my drive up to 300'
-Play at least 4 new courses
-Play a lot during the summer, and as much as I can with school
-Increase putting confidence

-BH drive over 400'
-play flip city
-Play ludington courses
-improve putt

I have accomplished the first and last, and now I want to focus on more consistency and accuracy with my drive.

To still be breathing and actively playing DG in the beautiful outdoors! Everything is relative.

Five good disc golf goals...

1. Play at least 14 new courses between now and the remainder of the year (50 courses under my belt just sounds like a good number)
2. Actually build the course my brother and I have been working on.
3. Be money from 30' and under
4. Review at least 18 courses between now and the remainder of the year
5. Get Gold TR status & Eagle member on the site.

Saw my post on this thread from April. Funny, I have reached goals 1 & 5, I'm one review away from #4, and my putting finally took a turn for the good yesterday. I don't know if #2 is ever going to happen at this point, but overall I'm pretty happy with myself.

Sound like I need to up the goal to ACE Member, 65 courses played, and 18 more reviews sounds good! :)

By my b-day in the end of june i will have completed last years goal of playing every course in VA, and add to that finishing off MD, hoping to be the first to play all of one state. Would also like to see my course get nine more baskets by the new year but that not totally within my control. I'll get those that i can i guess.

My how things change. Well I'm updating my goals because i've kinda completed a couple already. I still haven't finished VA because as soon as I do they add two more, and MD just did the same, So The new list
- Finish off the rest of VA 2-4 courses
- Finish off the rest of MD 3 courses
- Finish the third set of tees at white bank in colonial heights
- Shoot for 200 courses total played by the end of the year
- Play a course in 3 new states

Here hoping

goals for the rest of this year- play 5 non-tournament rounds, get the louisa county course in the ground so gottafixit has one more to play in VA, get the caroline county course approved with a timetable for installation.

-Increase BH distance and accuracy.
-Be more focused at tourneys. (I play way better in casual rounds)

2-4

goals for the rest of this year- play 5 non-tournament rounds, get the louisa county course in the ground so gottafixit has one more to play in VA, get the caroline county course approved with a timetable for installation.

I put 2-4 because I know of at least three courses in the works. Powatan is getting a course as well. :)

I hope to have played thirty course by the year's end (currently I am up to 22).

I aimed a little low I guess. I am up to 39 courses now. Hope to hit fifty by the end of 2010. I have pretty much hit most of the courses near my house or places I frequently travel so I will be ringing them up a little slower now.

-BH drive over 400'
-play flip city
-Play ludington courses
-improve putt

I have accomplished the first and last, and now I want to focus on more consistency and accuracy with my drive.

I wanna play flip city, not gonna happen this year. But that's definately a goal I wanna reach sometime :)

[Thru September] Keep the grass cut at at least a respectable height.

[Thru December] Get new holes designed & built.

[Bonus] Work less, play more.