• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is YOUR home course?

Billy K2

Par Member
So, what is the best course in or near your city? Mine used to be Idlewild when I lived 10 minutes from Burlington, but now, my home course is Roscoe Ewing Park.

So, what is the best course in or near your city? Mine used to be Idlewild when I lived 10 minutes from Burlington, but now, my home course is Roscoe Ewing Park.

"Best" is subjected, Charlotte has half a dozen courses over 4.0 (DGCR rated) and another 10 over a 3.5 rating. Subjectivity is "best" the hardest beat-down course or is it a course that is fun but still challenging.

Progressive list of home courses.

Pleasant Hill.
River City Nature Park
T2
Northside Park
T2 (as of 2 weeks ago)

I have a hard time when rating a course with the current 5 star system - should a park course that has trash cans, tee signs, next tee arrows/markers, perfect teepads - but lacking in difficulty (pitch and putt) be rated higher than a course that is really well designed but lacking in amenities as sited as above? IDEALLY a course would have both, but more often than not, it's the other way around. The hardest courses tend to be less trafficked and typically less well maintained - often owing to their remote locale (not city/county/state maintained). So yeah - BEST is subjective. That said:
for my area here in Seattle, I'd give the nod for Best park experience to Lakewood and best golf course (amenities aside) to Seatac. But I'm biased.

my home course is Flip City. Although I live 1:20 from it, it's still my home course...

Home course for me is http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5602 cypress community church DGC, very underused by very close to my home, kind of a locals only place quite fun though with some surprisingly difficult and fun holes for a 9 hole. Its by far my most played course, after that its http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=513 CSUMB oaks and http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2803 Ryan Ranch. Ryan Ranch is by far the most used and the nicest, with the majority of the local clubs effort and funds going into it. Great disc golf in my area so I've got quite a few options when wanting to play a serious round, and when wanting to have some fun and burn an hour my home course is always vacant and available.

I'm not sure "home course" and "best course" around are the same. I'd think your home course would be the course you play the most---which may not be the best course is your city.

I'm not sure "home course" and "best course" around are the same. I'd think your home course would be the course you play the most---which may not be the best course is your city.

Agreed.

My home course is Bear Creek in Grapevine. It's only about 5 miles from my house. Best course in the area is a toss up for me between that Coyote/Beaver in Duncanville, and Trophy Club.

Luckily for me, my home course is also the best.....but Billy K2 lost me between the thread title, and the first post.

I have a few that I consider my "home" courses

Glenn C Hilton Park is near where I grew up and learned what disc golf is at this course.

West Meadowbrook Park is where I lived the last 4.5 years and started to get serious with the game.

RL Smith Park is the closest to where I currently live and the course that I play the most currently.

I would agree that "home course" and best local course are not the same thing. I consider Fort Yargo to be my "home course". It's the closest to my house, somewhat hilly and wooded and not long, which suits my 49 year old noodle arm just fine. It's also quite scenic and rarely crowded. The best local course may be Little Mulberry, but if you expand the idea of local, Perkerson or North Georgia Canopy Tours might take the crown.

My home course is Golden Gate Disc Golf Park, but I try to get out to Stafford Lake whenever I can (every weekend). Stafford is definitely the best course around San Francisco unless you are willing to drive for 1+ hrs.

My home course is Torch Lake DGC in Lake Linden, Michigan. This course is a two minute drive from my house. I also play at Calumet Lake DGC and MI Tech, both of which are between 5-15 minutes away from my house.

Well, I only have one course at home.
Gotta go with Mill Creek I guess :)

241733_g.jpg

Two home courses for me in Raleigh: Cedar Hills and Kentwood. Favorite course in the county, 40 minutes away: Apex.

Like donnyv and davidsauls, my home course is right outside my door.

Seneca Creek is 5 minutes from work, and I have been playing it for years, so that's my "home" course. On the weekends I usually head to Patapsco Valley with the dog - call it my home away from home.

Your home(made) course looks absolutely beautiful donnyv, would love to give it a try if i ever make it out to that part of the country