• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kind of ace is this?

Some people on here have said that aces are bad shots since you wouldn't have been close if it didn't go in. That's BS. I'd bet most of my aces would have been inside 20' if there was no basket.

Those people leave a TON 10 feet short.

If you went by what the guys around here say it's nothing. They state that aces only count if it's in a PDGA sanctioned event. Leagues or weekly tournaments and especially practice rounds don't count for them.

If you went by what the guys around here say it's nothing. They state that aces only count if it's in a PDGA sanctioned event. Leagues or weekly tournaments and especially practice rounds don't count for them.

Who's this "They" of which you speak?

They are full of it...

Throwing from the Tee into the Basket of the hole you are playing is an Ace.

I'd call that a Black Ace, or I like "Purple Ace" for the wrong position..

You can add additional qualifiers for unwitnessed, or not in a League/Weekly, or not in a sanctioned event, but an Ace is an Ace. A Fairway Ace is not an Ace, but those can be pretty awesome too ;)

Do they also believe that the PDGA tracks ace stats and that there is a hall of records with plaques of all the famous aces?

do you not keep an ace pot for weeklies?

mm1313, stop playing with Them. Stop talking to Them. Stop acknowledging Them when you see Them on the course. Them is idiots.

Different types of aces should be classified differently, but some "legit" aces aren't that impressive and some 2nd shot aces are impressive. Someone that plays pitch and putts, in places that couldn't even hold tournaments, shouldn't be allowed to count those aces.

It is nothing. You are practicing. If I am doing field work, aiming at a tree downfield....what kind of ace is it, if I hit the tree?

You must be fun to play a round with. :sick:

We call aces on the alternate basket of the same hole "Purple aces". So on my scene...that would be a practice purple ace.

Purple ace. I've never heard that one. Thanks!

Idiots. Im sure they are as fun to play with as ru4por.

...If I am doing field work, aiming at a tree downfield....what kind of ace is it, if I hit the tree?

Ahhh... we've crossed over into the philosophical realm of disc golf. If chains bang and theres no one around to hear it, was it really an ace? :)

Last edited:
...You could write "3" on the scorecard (which includes the re-tee penalty)

Math and logic. Imo this is your answer.

Throwing from the tee into the basket is an amazing thing. But, what if you throw again? Whats that? And again? What if you stand there all day long and keep throwing and make 30 more? 30 new names? At some point youre just throwing. And, as it seems, such point for an Ace is anything past 1 throw.

Sorry for being longwinded, this thread really got my attention. :)

I suppose my question now is, if you willingly incur a penalty stroke in order to intentionally retee, then go on to throw from the tee into the basket is THAT considered an ace, even though your score is 3 strokes?

So what kind of ace would this be?
...it would be this kind of ace.