• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kinds of players do you like to play with

People that are pretty good, so I might learn something, but also not super competitive. I like it when people take the game seriously, but not the whole getting worked up about missing easy putts and kicking your bag seriously (i've never seen anybody actually kick their bag). I also like playing with people who are knowledgeable about DG, and can talk about discs, the pro's, technique, etc.

I do not care about skill, as long as I do not have to keep telling them common sense rules.
"Stop walking infront of me during a putt"
"Stop diving at the basket during a putt"
"dude your lie was 8 feet back there, you don't get to run past your marker"
"That is not what the meter rule means!"...

"F-it, you stay here I am going to hole 10, meet you at the end"

i enjoy anyone that isnt ignorant to etiquette(or at least is willing to learn) or isnt an as$hole in general, no matter the skill level. company is company unless its a nuisance.

people who enjoy the game and like watching a disc fly.

I really enjoyed the half round I played with you, your wife and friend. I was playing alone and caught up to your group. You ask me to join you. Thanks! It was a while back...

I enjoy playing with guys like Giles.

I enjoy playing with people that are there to get better. Not people that are there for the buzz. Also like to play with 1000+ rated players for the fact that it makes me play good.

It's more like what kinds of players do I not like to play with. Ridiculously slow players kill me. I don't mind in a tourney or competitive setting, take all the legal time you want but in a casual round just throw already. The "crap, I messed up, let me try this instead" Mr. multiple disc throwing guy kills me. I don't mind an occasional toss but every other hole gets annoying. Mr. "Help me find my faded tie dye disc every other throw" really pisses me off.

Lastly, really quiet people are awkward b/c I'm generally pretty quiet and two quiet people can be an awkward round. Beer helps this immensely.

All that being said, I'll still play with anybody b/c disc golf is too much fun and disc golfers are easily my kind of people.

I 100% agree with all of this, although I've found myself as the guy asking for help lately :p. I also can't stand Mr. "I never move from one spot while looking for your disc but I expect adequate help looking for mine."

P.S. Has anyone here ever thrown their entire bag into the hole after a bad short putt? This was my signature temper tantrum up until a couple months ago.

This. Usually comes along with a good attitude and a person out there for the same reason I am.

Only other thing for me is someone who talks normal to louder than normal. My hearing sucks and I know I've played a round or few with strangers and I'm sure that I unintentionally missed something they said to me and never responded, usually puts a damper on the vibe.

P.S. Has anyone here ever thrown their entire bag into the hole after a bad short putt? This was my signature temper tantrum up until a couple months ago.

Oh yeah, that's a good move. I'm perfecting my ability to kick the putter I just shanked into the basket nowadays. :thmbup:

Hot women, preferably really good hot women. But def Agree w/most, like playing with players who are serious about the game but know when it's okay to do certain things like go ohhhhhhh snapppp batmannnnn, if you hit metal on a 100+ foot putt and get a little vocal that's fine but if you miss a 15 footer and get crazy you just look dumb. Mostly like playing with people who are just good company, over time have seen that being in groups of people who are respectful to the course and others and still having good fun are the best play with. Mainly hate playing with players who throw garbage on the ground or get drunk and loud or have to smoke a bowl every other hole. Don't care (cuz i do it a lot) but i'll throw 2 putts one right after another if i miss the first one. idk just sick of playing with people who act like they are pros and make a 30 foot putt EVERYTIME and that the one they just missed with the group is the first one they've ever missed. cry a river, build a bridge, and get the F over it!

Last edited:
Only round I walked away from was a guy not only going slow but rethrowing EVERY FREAKING SHOT!!! Crap on a stick! Other than that, as long as not complete jerk I'm cool. Very much a social activity for me. If I'm alone I'll do field work, if I'm playing a round I would rather do it with someone.

A friendly, talkative person. Usually they are better than I am because I am the suck but that makes it so much sweeter when I beat them.

Christy likes to play with people that don't suck. When she plays with noobs she picks up their bad habits and throws like crap or tries to help them and throws like crap.

I like playing with people that don't take the game to serious, and just enjoy playing a round, and being outside. I also like people like me that love just to watch the discs fly

I like playing DG, but when you talk when I drive or putt for birdie...it annoys me. I am lucky though cause I get to play DG.

Players who are serious about doing their best.....yet not too serious about themselves.

Guys who are competitive, but like to bullsheet and have a good time!

Serious players who don't take it too seriously...if that makes sense.

basically anyone who understands sarcasm is okay in my book.

People who know that there's an appropriate demeanor to display for every time and place.

i enjoy anyone that isnt ignorant to etiquette(or at least is willing to learn) or isnt an as$hole in general, no matter the skill level.

I enjoy playing with people that are there to get better.

All this and more! :p

I like playing with just about anyone, especially people that are trying to get better or just there to relax and enjoy the comraderie.

The only thing I can not stand are DRUNKS!!! I like a beer as much as the next guy, but there is a guy at a course I play that I can hear yelling from the other side of the park. Yelling profanities and stuff that truly makes absolutely no sense!!! And, then he'll yell at you or anyone as you walk past him. I am a fairly neutral person, but it takes everything in me not to flick a my CFR Flat Top FB straight at his forehead!!!!!

Lately I've really enjoyed playing way more serious casual rounds. It makse me focus more and play better, which in turn makes me enjoy it more. I do like to have some conversation during the round, but as we walk up to putts and the T-pad, I like the serious tone.

I like competitive players who show respect, are courteous, but can also laugh at a bad shot once in a while. I understand that this game can get frustrating at times, but keeping cool headed about it, to me is being professional. A few minor outbursts is okay, but don't go overboard with it, your out there to have fun and improve your game.

Things that I like about players:
Courteous
Respectful
Honesty and Self-Discipline
Knowing the rules and following them
Level headed
Desire to compete and improve
Share knowledge without acting like Mr. Know-it-All

Why do you play with me then

We really don't play much golf together. The last time we did almost wasn't fun.

Are there DG people who don't fit that description?

see above :)

I really enjoyed the half round I played with you, your wife and friend. I was playing alone and caught up to your group. You ask me to join you. Thanks! It was a while back...

I enjoy playing with guys like Giles.

I don't remember:( thanks for the kind words.

Latest posts