• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What local beer should I drink while in FL?

blazerico

Eagle Member
Looking for local brews/brew pubs/food/etc. to indulge in during my disc trip in January. Any suggestions? thanks!

As far as courses, I looked at all of the other Florida posts and will be trying to play:
Cliff Stephens
Taylor
Ocala
The Canyon (yes, I will try to play a round on the practice day. fingers crossed)
Coachman
Medard
Bill F - T2
Barnett
(not likely in that order)

If they get Terrapin down in Flordia, a Georgia craft beer, I highly recommend them. Awesome, awesome beers!

northeast of orlando along I4. I would also recommend it over Barnett. especially with the new signs and navigation. prime condition in january

you mean River City Nature Park, right? I got it now. I wasn't paying attention to towns, just course names when looking on here. I'll definitely choose that over barnett if I can

you mean River City Nature Park, right? I got it now. I wasn't paying attention to towns, just course names when looking on here. I'll definitely choose that over barnett if I can

yes. river city. depending on your plans/routes, barnett might be a lot more convenient, in which case it is worth playing.

since you put in ocala, i'm guessing you are coming down 75. if you are coming down 95 to 4, then ed austin in jacksonville is also very worthy

flying in to tampa

oh. i wouldn't say river city is a must then. i definitely wouldn't go all the way there for it, but if you play both courses at turkey lake and are still hungry that day, it's about a half hour further north.

barnett will be about ten minutes further north and while i don't think either course is as good, they're both decent. so it depends on your time/preference/driving inclinations

If you already haven't, go to Cigar City. The Brewery, not the Brew Pub. You will have a lot more options there. The Brew Pub, while having great food (their burger is amazing) doesn't have near the selection that the Brewery has. They do have Brew Pub specific beers as well, so you can hit both and be good.

Had some great beers at Cigar City, Dunedin, Brass Tap and Oblivion Tap Room.

Dunedin Brewery is always a good time with great free live music. 2 minutes from there is my favorite brewery in Florida. 7venth Sun Brewing. And if you like Belgians, St Somewhere makes some great stuff in Tarpon Springs.

Latest posts