• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What makes a great disc golf photo?

I am not sure whatmakes a great photo . . . but a friend of mine takes some seriously good photos of disc golf (and other stuff) www.discgolfphotography.com

LOL sorry mike I didn't read your post up there.........thanks for the support though!! :hfive:

That's funny! I won't tell your wife that I promoted her webpage before you did . . . I promise. That will be our secret.

This is me walking to the pavilion for the Birthday Bash at West City last fall.

IMG_7358.jpg

Say you just played in an event. What types of photos do you like seeing?

I took 1000+ photos at a local event yesterday with my digital SLR. I took a lot of shots during drives and putts. I got quite a few shots while players were lining up shots. There are a few of groups walking and groups hanging out between rounds. Are there any types of shots I'm missing?

Sounds like you got it, If you want to get one in the Discgolf mag, they want pictures of the touring pro's faces.

I try to include the more interesting features of the course. Like this.
IMG_7097fbedit.jpg

I also like to try and get some of the "after the shot" type photos like this one of Emac after he got pig putt on the first hole of the second round.
IMG_7025fbedit.jpg

Say you just played in an event. What types of photos do you like seeing?

I took 1000+ photos at a local event yesterday with my digital SLR. I took a lot of shots during drives and putts. I got quite a few shots while players were lining up shots. There are a few of groups walking and groups hanging out between rounds. Are there any types of shots I'm missing?

The disc golf hole makes the disc golf photo. I can take a really cool picture of Nikko...throwing in a baseball field.

Sounds like you got it, If you want to get one in the Discgolf mag, they want pictures of the touring pro's faces.

I try to include the more interesting features of the course. Like this.
IMG_7097fbedit.jpg

I also like to try and get some of the "after the shot" type photos like this one of Emac after he got pig putt on the first hole of the second round.
IMG_7025fbedit.jpg

^^^^2 great examples of the rule of thirds^^^^

I always want to take pictures but when I'm on a disc golf course I just want to play.

So I never take any pictures.

sadtrombone.com

My buddy shot about a 30 footer with an aviar, and ended up with this,

IMG_0020.jpg